Suggest Android WiFi Dual Sim (Active) phone

• Thread starter Thread starter mac_see
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 8,953

mac_see

ISP
Tata
Dear Friends,Please suggest a phone as per my requirementREQUIRED=======-Android OS-Dual SIM (ACTIVE and not Standby). Both the SIMs should work at the same time without having to switch SIMs every time. -WiFiPREFERRED========-FM Radio-Java-QWERTY model (Touchscreen - CAPACITIVE Preferred if QWERTY is not available)Thank You

Galaxy Ace Duos

Upvote 0
Good find Vrij. However, this features card slots to accommodate both CDMA and GSM SIM cards. I was looking for both GSM+GSMI found Spice MI-280 with good features. The specs says, it is a dual SIM phone that supports both 2G and 3G networks but nowhere it is mentioned whether both SIMs work at the same time (Active)I am still searching. Appreciate if anyone could find some other model

Upvote 0
Micromax A78 Specifications

[*]3.5-inch Capacitive Touchscreen display
[*]Dual SIM (GSM + GSM)
[*][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Full [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]QWERTY[/FONT][/FONT] keyboard
[*]Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
[*]650 MHz processor
[*]3 MP Primary Camera with LED flash, 0.3 MP (VGA) secondary video calling camera.
[*]3G (HSDPA 7.2 Mbps and HSUPA 5.76 Mbps),Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.0, USB 2.0, GPS
[*][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Expandable [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]memory[/FONT][/FONT] up to 32GB with MicroSD
[*]1300 mAh battery
[/list]It also comes with pre-loaded apps such as Facebook, SAAVN, QUIKR, Polaris Office Suite, ZOOMIN and WhatsApp.
The Micromax A78 is available from Letsbuy in India for Rs 7, 990.

Upvote 0
Dual SIM Stand By: It simply means that your mobile will be in connection with both mobile service providers at the same time and you can either place or receive a call on either of the mobile numbers. But, as you are busy with one number, the other number goes "Not reachable"Dual SIM Active: Your calling party will never hear "Not reachable" message if he calls you on second mobile number when you are busy on talking on first number. He will be just on "waiting" that time.Thanks Kramkumar. This DOES NOT suit my requirement as this phone is a Dual Standby and not Dual Active.Please suggest some other phone

Upvote 0
Don't bother.
AFAIK, there is no Dual SIM, Dual Active ANDROID in the indian market. Some feature phones do have Dual Active.
I will be happy to be proven wrong though.

Upvote 0
I found Samsung Duos 259 & Samsung DUOS W169 but not sure whether they have WiFi.I found LG P520 and Micromax GC257 too but they are outdated and out of stock I guess. Again whether they have WiFi is unknown. Another thing, all the four phones mentioned above are not Android based 🙁I am still searching

Upvote 0
I am surprised they have very limited phones with Active Dual SIM feature. The three what I found did not have WiFi 🙁

Upvote 0
I am surprised they have very limited phones with Active Dual SIM feature. The three what I found did not have WiFi 🙁

I went through the same pain 4 months ago and settled with Samsung c5212i. Its good and havent faced any problems though. Most of the mobile companies carefully avoid saying whether its dual standby or active. Please post here if you found a dual active sim phone.

Upvote 0