Suggest a Windows Phone smartphone in the range of Rs.10-15k

• Thread starter Thread starter dsneih
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 6,161
Omnia W definitely.

Upvote 0
Ignore HTC for Windows Phone devices.

I would suggest going for the Nokia. Samsung Omnia is a very old model. And Nokia phones have their own advantages like Lumia specific apps. Nokia Drive is a good example.

----------

errm. ^ explain 😀

Upvote 0
very old model? it was launched at the same time as 710.Much better SAMOLED screen(have seen both in person). Front facing camera. Nokia apps can be hacked to install to all WP devices. no reason to buy 710.

Upvote 0
😀 i must be confusing it with something else then 😛

why recommend samsung over Nokia in this case?

i believe front facing camera?

----------

what the f is wrong with samsung 😕

Upvote 0
the color combination was seizure inducing 😀 and i thought Nokia at least managed to get the phone aspect right in their phones!

Upvote 0
Lookwise, the Samsung Omnia W. I have never found a use for a front faced camera so I am not too sure if that is a deal breaker. However, the Lumia 710 scores with the Drive app, and of course far better build quality. Display wise, the Lumia has the CBD with Gorilla glass which is awesome for reading and better under sunlight, and the Omnia holds its end with the SAMOLED - better for pictures etc.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Nokia Lumia phones needs micro sim, this dependency I hate.

Micro Sim is big thing to worry as we are planning to replace few BB with WP7 phone ... so with Micro Sim loose flexibility of changing the handset in case of any problem .. hummmmm

----------

Ignore HTC for Windows Phone devices.

is it because .. Microsoft is more friendly with Nokia ???

Upvote 0
Dell Venue Pro is something that can also be added in the list based on the criteria given(I am sure I can expect some criticism for even mentioning it here)Has Keyboard & is heavyWifi was a problem in some places before, not sure now...But it has some pluses as well..Edit: Had mentioned Froyo by mistake..

Upvote 0