Suggest a UPS for home PC

• Thread starter Thread starter experience
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,492
did you keep your PC continuously on for days?

Never do that. The battery needs to charge. I generally run my PC 20hrs a day and give a 4 hour recharging time to the UPS battery. That way my UPS battery easily lasts for 2 years.

look here: TechShop.in

Never do that. The battery needs to charge. I generally run my PC 20hrs a day and give a 4 hour recharging time to the UPS battery. That way my UPS battery easily lasts for 2 years.

I use my ups for Internet
Modem router and ion pc 24/7

Why should the battery need to recharge if there are I power cuts/ short outages of 5mins?

Budget is around 2-3k.

Last one I purchased died within 2 months.
Go for APC.

- - - Updated - - -

When the PC is ON the UPS charges by that time. There is no need of specific hrs to charge it.

I use an APC UPS. It powers my desktop, monitor, router and ADSL modem. It stays on 24/7 and I've never faced any problems. It also came with a USB cable to connect to the computer. Windows auto-installs the UPS without the need for any extra drivers, and lets me configure my power plan (e.g. hibernate computer if battery < 20%). The accompanying software, which I didn't install, has additional features like measuring power consumption and calculating your monthly power bill due to computer usage.The only caveat is the battery, which usually wears out in 2-3 years (as the UPS is always plugged in). My first battery lasted about 3 years. A replacement battery by Exide cost me around Rs. 1000, but I believe cheaper ones are available in the market. Given that the UPS successfully protected my computer equipment against voltage fluctuations and brown outs, I think it's money well spent.

I use an APC UPS. It powers my desktop, monitor, router and ADSL modem. It stays on 24/7 and I've never faced any problems. It also came with a USB cable to connect to the computer. Windows auto-installs the UPS without the need for any extra drivers, and lets me configure my power plan (e.g. hibernate computer if battery < 20%). The accompanying software, which I didn't install, has additional features like measuring power consumption and calculating your monthly power bill due to computer usage.

The only caveat is the battery, which usually wears out in 2-3 years (as the UPS is always plugged in). My first battery lasted about 3 years. A replacement battery by Exide cost me around Rs. 1000, but I believe cheaper ones are available in the market. Given that the UPS successfully protected my computer equipment against voltage fluctuations and brown outs, I think it's money well spent.
the battery in the zebronic UPS i use at my place also lasts 1 and half year max. Had to change battery two times in last 3 years. But the battery(luminous company) costs 700rs.

Backup is 25 mins on new battery and gradually decreases as years pass. but i agree, its money well spent considering i lost my first PC to voltage fluctuations

APC 1KVA UPS is a good choice. For better battery life, make sure battery gets charge/discharge regularly. If there is less power cut or no power cut, Disconnect UPS from Mains and let UPS run on battery for 20 - 30 Minutes once in one or two days.