Suggest a suitable wifi router

u got 2 options - either go for MTNL combo - by payin Rs. 800/- non-refund plus Rs. 150/- monthly or buy yourself a Netgear Wireless Router for Rs. 1900 - 2000/- (with 3 yrs warranty) (the best in the category)

Hello all,
I have an older connection with MTNL available over DSL-502T modem. I have been looking for wireless options. I hear the option above using the Netgear router. Does it mean in that case I do not need the modem at all as one of the threads on Chip seemed to suggest that.

[*] Does it make sense for me to go to MTNL to change the modem as they seem to have a new one with 150 Monthly charge.
[*] If I buy from outside what model should I go for and will I still need the original DSL-520T as frontend to it?
[*] Also how difficult is the configuration in case I buy something, and not take from MTNL. Are the steps available somewhere?
[/list]Please let me know what are the available options.

Rgds,
Harjeet.

I will advice you to purchase Ur own wireless modem, because MTNL's wireless router seems 2 b costly, If U hv alredy modem from MTNl , U return that. It will save Ur monthly modem rent, cconf is esy

i just filled d form of triband 2day at d exchange & i wanted a wireless router (self owned), so i asked them.they say they hav no info & asked me 2 call at d call centre.i did dat & d fellow tells me he has no info on wireless routers but he knows only dat 502 T router 2 be used 4 wired connections.dis is so idiotic!!!btw so dis Netgear is good enough or it is worth to shell some wat xtra 4 a D-Link one or ne other

when U want 2 use Ur own wireless modem, there is no need 2 ask from MTNL.You simply tell them that U will use Ur own router.D-Link, I hv used and found good, UTstar is also good.Choice is Ur own.

yup, jus tell em that u own a modem/router, thats it.. i'm using Netgear DG 834G - wireless ADSL router - got it for approx 3800/- 2 months back.... no prob till date....

Hi, Can somebody suggest a modem(ADSL2) + router model from any vendor which works flawlessly in India. I tried Linksys WAG120N but it turned out to be pathetic. It breaks after every 10 mins. (I tried doing RMA) but 2nd unit also has same issue. So I want to go for some other model. Please let me know if you know some model which works without dropping connection.thanks,

Get the beetel 110tc1, 750 bucks, been a few weeks since Ive got it, i run it 24x7, no disconnections so far.