Suggest a suitable wifi router

I am looking for ADSL2+router with WIFI. I tried WAG120N which was ADSL2+router with WIFI however the product itself has some issues. Cisco is cheating people since 2010, I have seen the problem at different forums, unfortunately I checked the forum after I purchased it. So this time around I want to be more cautious before I buy any product. All your suggestions are welcome.

Have a look at TP-Link products, they have some good one to go with, they are not that costly but robust and reliable.

If you need some thing top of the line, and if you can mange to buy check out Billion Products for SSL VPN, ADSL Modem/Router, Wireless ADSL Router, Powerline ADSL Router and Adapter, VoIP ADSL Modem/Router, Security Router, Broadband Router, SHDSL Bridge/Router, iBusiness Security, ISDN Product

Have a look at TP-Link products, they have some good one to go with, they are not that costly but robust and reliable.

If you need some thing top of the line, and if you can mange to buy check out Billion Products for SSL VPN, ADSL Modem/Router, Wireless ADSL Router, Powerline ADSL Router and Adapter, VoIP ADSL Modem/Router, Security Router, Broadband Router, SHDSL Bridge/Router, iBusiness Security, ISDN Product

Where do I get billion modem/routers in bangalore? Billion does not seem to have any sales/service in Bangalore.

Hey mate I bought a D-Link 2750 adsl2+router off lets buy a couple of weeks ago. Works beautifully on Airtel. It's for 2730/-
Do we need to get any approval from airtel for using third party modem /router ?

Do we need to get any approval from airtel for using third party modem /router ?

No you don't need any approval, you just need to know how to configure it.

Some routers will automatically configure it for you if you provide correct ISP name during setup. However you need to know the login and password your ISP provides for connection.

I have also bought another TP 3g modem. I really don't like them much being very less powerful wifi.Coming to your query, I assume this should work by giving input through RJ45 cable coming out from beam modem for desktop lan. Let the modem setup for auto identify. Since you have the beam commenction, you can do hit and try...I love this doing research and educate us here.How about the beam? Must be amazing.

Hello Everyone,I have UL900 connection (4Mbps upto 8 GB, 256 Kbps beyond 8 GB) and previously had a 2wire wireless router bought from UK that worked extremely well. Now that the router has died - I am looking forward to buy a good wireless router. I use a lot of wireless connection (one ipad, 2 android smart phones) and a desktop as well.Any suggestion on a good wireless router? Of-course I would need to configure the PPPoE details in the router so that I am not asked the userid/password on those devices.I don't have a problem to ask BSNL to provide me one - but would like to check if any better/cheap alternative is available.Any advice will be highly appreciated.Regards,Sabya

BSNL no longer supplies CPEs, though there are freelancers who work for them who can help you in this. Just pay them and they will buy, install and service the modem for you. Or check ebay for modem listing, there are brands like iBall to Belkin and Linksys you can choose from according to your budget.

From BSNL:
You are likely to get AN1020-21 or Teracom models 3 -.in 0ne
You can set in "Always On " PPPoE mode ID/PW stored in modem.
( mostly based on Siemen's c2110 circuit) Rs 2000/= approx or rent Rs 80 PM.
Similar to Utstar Wa3002_g1 with minor. changes.
I would suggest iBall Baton 3-in 1 adsl modem+4port lan + wiffi router. routers.
Or TP-Link models with increased antenna gain 5dbi.

Models based on WA3300_g4 Beetel450BXI AN A 211-1
See sticky post WA3002_g4 quick reference above )
Some of them have WDS/WDM ( Wireless Distribution Method ).
Connect two wifi routers without wires. ( one requires Rj45 input )
Increased Range.

Higher priced models like Netgear/D-Link/Linksys/Buffalo models.
REFhttp://techforumindia.com/index.php?topic=4978.0
Select according to your need and budget. VOIP IPTV USB printer Storage etc.

Some of them have WDS/WDM ( Wireless Distribution Method ).
Connect two wifi routers without wires. ( one requires Rj45 input )
Increased Range.

Didnt get this part? :-?