Suggest a new phone for mom

ISP
Jio
My mom currently uses a Nokia C6-01 and is not at all disappointed by it. But still I want her to upgrade, budget is around 13-15K. Basically I want her to move ahead of Symbian (Belle). I won't mind it if a good Symbian phone is suggested, after all I am not a Symbian hater.I need a phone which is simply yet easy to operate. Camera is the main priority, it has to be good. Also if the phone supports multiple wallpapers (Symbian supports multiple wallpapers, 5 to be precise) then it will be nice because she is used to having her favorite pics as the wallpapers.Basically an easy to use phone with good internet connectivity and daily usage. She obviously doesn't play any game, so I don't want one with huge benchmark scores. A phone which can run smooth for daily usage shall be fine.

i would have suggested Nokia lumia 620 which should launch soon enough. but wallpapers... beh.

Upvote 0
Even I thought of a Lumia (or any other WP) but then she loves Wallpapers. Keeping her fav pics as wallpapers is one of the very few things she enjoys on her mobile and I don't wanna take that away from her.

Upvote 0
There are some android devices that you might get like Pantech, they are good enough for this price range.Manu got one lately as far as I remember :thinking:

Upvote 0
I got my mom and daughter the Softbank (Samsung) 821SC from Japan. it is probably dated now, but a great phone with a good camera, wallpaper options etc. Going very strong though it is 3+ years old. Personally I think form factor is important and the flips offer great benefit to people who want a smallish phone and easy to use as well.

Upvote 0
here is the list of things mothers look for in a phone-1)sleek looks and good coloured body,phones whose covers and back panels are available in different varieities.2)bigger screen so they can read their messages and info easily without trying to stare at the screen3)easy call pickup,the call picking option should be easy ,most of the touch screen phones have it4)good sound ,most of the moms prefer ringing tones of songs from their era.5)easy navigation menu,simby seems to be the firstc choice in this case.6)long talk time ,most of the moms forget to charge their phone on regular basis.7)Unique-This applies to all women...they always want to stand out of the rest.PS-above points are applicable for 50+ non tech savvy moms.

Upvote 0