• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 465
  • Views Views 91,690

dragonball

ߪδə ЩªĻª
ISP
Airtail
goodevening friends,

i need you to suggest me a laptop in price range 45-55K.
Primary requirements: Sturdy Build, 15" only(no 17"), comparatively longer battery life, Bluetooth, Great Hardware features(if possible).
Not Needed: megapixel webcam and other fancy but Useless features.

Wellknown brands only- like HP,Acer,Lenovo,etc.

Basically i want to minimize cost on Software front(like i feel fine with XP and dont need of Vista. In any case i will get Vista from friend/torrents free-of-cost.😛) and want nice and Useful Hardware features. By the way, windows vista ultimate must be much costlier than XP, right?

I have seen HP Pavilion dv6314TX Entertainment Notebook(GJ154PA) around 50K. Any comments about it?
HP Pavilion dv6314TX Entertainment Notebook PC specifications - HP Home & Home Office products
it looks cool to me with geforce7400,core2duo, and all likable stuff..
Suggest me some please. No Dell(Reason being they ship from outside delhi- so they take 1month to ship; from what i have heard and i need before a month. If thats false, put some light on this info too. Can a dell notebook b bought from delhi too?)

UPDATE1: just read reviews abt hp6000series. Very Bad. Laptop Computers Database

UPDATE2: how much % of battery life is affected by code2duo? if i want more battery life, which processor type shud i go for?
-thanks.

You wont gt any sturdy laptops [I.e. with proper alloy chassis] under 50k. You can settle for Dell or buy Thinkpad T60 / Sony Vaio / Apply MacBook Pro from any south easy asian country. Laptop + Return Ticket +Asia warranty will cost 1300 - 1500 USD.

Get the Acer Aspire 5920 if it suits ur budget

Key Specs :
200 gb hard drive
Core 2 duo processor
NVidia Geforce 8600 M-GT
New Intel Robson flash memory technology
2 gb RAM

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aceraspire5920vp7.jpg
http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aceraspire5920backdd9.jpg

Ask them if u can buy this with Linux so that it reduces the price

Its $1900 in US. Will be at-least 100k in India.

maybe its soo expensive because of vista ultimate they should release a non vista edition also (So that ppl can load the pirated edition for free xD)BTW check out Dell inspiron 6400dell laptops seem neat as long as they dont blast in your faceOfftopic :Sushubh can u tell me the user agent for this post

The IP Address is: 210.7.79.219. The host name is: static-219-79-7-210-primus-india.net.

2 gig ram and core 2 duo 2GHz+ processors means that the laptop would be considering a premium sell in india thus price touches 1 lakh!

settle for a core duo with 1 gig and the price would fall down to around 50K.

Sushubh, can u suggest some of that kind- 1gbram, core1duo for around 48-52k please? as HP dv6314 has bad reviews. thanks.

then Dell inspiron 1420 would be good for you

Key Specs :
1 gb ddr 2 ram
Vista Home Premium
80 gb hard drive
T2520 Core 2 Duo Processor

Price : Around 45k
Seems fine for you

photos AND more info :
Dell - Blend Out!

Offtopic :
Sushubh i asked the User Agent

umm i dont think i can see the user agent per post... 😕you would have to be online for me to see that 😛