• Thread starter Thread starter meaculpa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 10,112

meaculpa

Regular
ISP
tata indicom vsnl
Need a good phone with MP3 player for my mom (budget - 7-8k range) I have closed in on Nokia 5200 OR 5300 or Sony W300i. Don't need a very jazzy model (for instance, VGA camera is OK) but it needs to have expandable memory, simple operation and good battery life. Which of the above would you recommend - or is there any other phone I could look at?

i had always suggest Sony over a Nokia for music phones.

A senior citizen's mom with a *cough* Mp3 fone *cough*!!Any way go for the Sony one.

A senior citizen's mom with a *cough* Mp3 fone *cough*!!

yeah, even i noticed that...just didn't say anything...😗

yeah, even i noticed that...just didn't say anything...😗

Grow up! If one is of a certain age doesn't mean that they cant enjoy life 😡

Meaculpa, you should go in for SE z550i. Excellent phone. Will suit your needs 🙂

A senior citizen's mom with a *cough* Mp3 fone *cough*!!

You are all taking my 'senior citizenship' out of context!! When I said it, I said "I am double the age of the youngest member on this forum!" (Read : Senior Citizen)

Anyways, that apart - I had an opportunity to listen to the Nokia 5300 output. The OEM headphones are terrible, nothing to write home about. Possibly would sound better with better headphones.

Also heard the W800i which sounds phenomenal with its MDR series buds (same ones I use on my DAP). But I don't think the lower end Sony Walkman phones have as good buds. Will have to check them out seperately.

thanks for all the suggestions!

umm... her mom's needs.

Yes...her needs == her requirements for her mom. The same thing 🙂

Meaculpa, so what is the age of the youngest member on this forum?😛