• Thread starter Thread starter techtata
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,912

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Hi,Can anyone please suggest me a good motherboard for a desktop based on your PC building experince? Please mention the model name, processor type (Intel or AMD), maximum RAM supported, type of graphics card support (AGP or PCI Express) etc. I need to install Windows 7 64 bit and thus the motherboard should be able to support 64 bit applications and I guess that 32 bit applications are also supported by a 64 bit motherboard. Few people have told me to go for MSI and some have suggested GigaByte. So I need some help from hardware enthusiatics. Thanks.

Most motherboards sold now are 64bit enabled, easy question now is what you budget is for Motherboard + Processor + RAM + Graphics card or maybe the entire computer. Then we could probably comment more...

MOST MOTHERBOARDS are 64bit compatible so go ahead and buy anyone which fits in your budget

Er isnt it the processor which has to be 64bit capable . How does a motherboard come in the picture . But nowadays most processors sold are 64 bit capable.

Er isnt it the processor which has to be 64bit capable . How does a motherboard come in the picture . But nowadays most processors sold are 64 bit capable.

NO motherboards have to 64bit compatible as older motherboards can't carry as much information

ahem. motherboard support a certain type of processors and RAMs. and most motherboards manufactured in the last couple of years would support 64bit processors.

most motherboards manufactured in the last couple of years would support 64bit processors.........

Thanks Admin,

That is all I want to know. Well, buying things from Laminton road sounds interesting, but still need to be careful this is 1st time for me and my friend. I supposed Lamington road is a good place to buy computer parts etc. I am not a Mumbaikar though. Thanks...

mmm well what you need to do is research online and find the motherboard and processor model you are looking for. make a list of at least 5-6 models that suit your requirement and then get the one that is available and fits your budget. you should never go out and hunt for a motherboard model without researching first. the shopkeepers would sell you whatever they have. and you are likely to end up with something that is not a very good product.

make a list of at least 5-6 models that suit your requirement and then get the one that is available and fits your budget.

you should never go out and hunt for a motherboard model without researching first. the shopkeepers would sell you whatever they have. and you are likely to end up with something that is not a very good product.

Yes, I agree. I am making a list now, but need a few sites where I can look for m-boards that are available in India as ebuyer or other are basically foreign sites. If I go there with my own list and then end up getting something I do not want or need it will be a shame, thanks

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Yes, I remember these 2 sites suggested by forum members to me in my earlier thread, thanks

http://www.deltapage.com/
TheITWares -TheITwares Ecommerce