Suggest a EDGE connection for Google Nexus One in India

Right thanks for that getting used to the Indian market now. Also how is BSNL coverage I am told it is very good and any estimates on the price of BSNL 3G at the moment because I might be able to get a SIM from a friend they gave me a booklet but it dosent say anything about unlimited data plans

looks like :: BSNL 3G :: 2500 rupees for unlimited data transfer.

Okay I did a test with Airtel and it seems that it wont even use EDGE it gets on GPRS very slow atleast Reliance loads some sites but Airtel dint load anything is the settings for EDGE and GPRS different ? I use the APN airtelgprs.com

no clue about airtel settings for mobile devices. i would get someone to respond to this thread.

Yeah, you only need to enter APN as "airtelgprs.com" rest everything needs to be on default.

i am currently on vodafone using vodafone live Rs.95 for 2GB on samsung Galaxy s, vodafone live does not support full internet (limited to stock web browser , skyfire , and a few samsung widgets) vodafone mobile connect is just to expensive ( rupees 200 monthly charge plus 5 bucks per mb or 250 bucks for 100 mb pack)what are my options for other carriers GPRS/EDGE plans ???

aircel on my N1 provides full connectivity. airtel has two modes i think. one of them has full connectivity. cannot say about tata docomo.

i have already stated twice. everything works. quality of service? depends from time to time and once place to another. no, i do not think i can stream videos on youtube on my aircel connection on the road. it works but i do not have the patience to wait for it to load. i simply avoid activities that require high bandwidth. yes, i can use google maps, twitter, facebook, foursquare on the move.we have users on the forum who have successfully used airtel edge connection to make voip calls on their android devices. i have not tried it on my aircel. i personally think airtel speeds are better than aircel though i have not experience with any other player other than aircel.

Airtel user here. There's a Rs. 99 plan. 300 mb free, and after that it's 30 ps per 50 kb. This plan works out well with my iPhone. I check mail once an hour, and i use my gps a lot. I hardly ever exceed my limit. Best plan imo.