Suddenly facing frequent disconnection

• Thread starter Thread starter m_k
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,778

m_k

ISP
BSNL
Hi friends my internet connection frequently get disconnected. And only after two three try the link goes stable. I am a bit irritated with the problem. Does this mean i have to change my modem to solve this problem? Please advice. I am using Nokia Siemens C2110 modem, which is almost three year old. SNR (Downstream) : 35.5 dBSNR (Upstream) : 25.5 dBLine Attentuation (Downstream) : 37.0 dBLine Attentuation (Upstream) : 20.5 dB

Your line stats seem OK. I had a similiar problem before my modem failed. To be safe, I would start looking out for a new modem...quickly!

Uncheck adsl2 + button.
Where is this adsl2+ button? I have only adsl ticked on in network configuration have not seen adsl 2+ anywhere in the modem configuration.

try 192.168.1.1/home1.html or 192.168.1.1/home.html
In screen shot posted by you check the other options.
Select the support capability : Select Annex A

Why is it important to disable adsl 2+
I am using ADSL2 + ( Huawei AX Mt 882 5 years old )
depends on your connection. Annex M not used for low speeds
say upto 2 Mbps speed.
DSP Version D.57.2.17 Operation Mode
ADSL2+
Output Power 12.4 dB

Upstream DownStream
ADSL Link Speed 507 Kbps 2028 Kbps

What is ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ ?

ADSL
ADSL stands for Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line service. It is called asymmetric because the download and upload speeds are not symmetrical (download is faster than upload).
ADSL2
ADSL2 (ITU G.992.3 and G.992.4) adds new features and functionality targeted at improving performance and interoperability and adds support for new applications and services. Among the changes are improvements in ADSL's data rate, an increase in the distance ADSL can reach from the local telephone exchange, dynamic data rate adaptation, better resistance to noise, diagnostics, and a stand-by mode to save power. ADSL2 also reduces the initialisation time from more than 10 seconds (as is required for ADSL) to less than 3 seconds. ADSL2 has the same signal footprint as ADSL.

ADSL2+

ADSL2+ (ITU G.992.5) doubles the bandwidth used for downstream data transmission, effectively doubling the maximum downstream data rates, and achieving rates of 20 Mbps on telephone lines as long at 5,000 feet. ADSL2+ solutions will interoperate with ADSL and ADSL2, as well as with ADSL2+. ADSL2+ will include all the feature and performance benefits of ADSL2 while maintaining the capability to interoperate with legacy ADSL equipment.