• Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 9,388

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I have been on Airtel Broadband ever since I moved to Gurgaon in December 2004. It has been a good experience on Airtel. Especially when I compare it to Sify Broadband. However, the last month has been a revelation.The company announced double speeds at night scheme. However, when I check it at my place, I find it hard to believe if that actually is happening at my place. The best I get during the daytime is around 17 KBps when I should be getting around 32 KBps. At night, the speed improves to around 25 KBps when I should technically be getting 64 KBps.A little loss in delivery of the speed is acceptable to me. But less than half of the speeds, I should be getting? Not good. Maybe I should start Blogging on my ongoing experiences with Airtel Broadband as I did it with Sify. Or maybe I should just harass the customer care people who have the usual suggestions… Scan for viruses/worms, clean cache, restart, reinstall. What crap? I do not need their crappy online bandwidth tester when I can see what speeds I am getting on my download manager. And I do not need to listen to stupid comments that maybe my PC is infected with a worm, which is eating all my bandwidth. I am a smart enough guy to know that speeds suck from their side and they are doing nothing about it.Maybe instead of spending money on keeping Shah Rukh Khan advertising for them, they can invest more in keeping their existing customers happy. Instead, I get spam calls on my Airtel telephone in the middle of the night telling me about their new caller tunes feature which would enable me to let the people calling me listen to the latest Emraan Hashmi starrer movie’s song.

Kinda same here.
They tell me to check if I have spyware & etc.
Finally they resort to this argument:u have an UPTO 256 kbps connection sir, from our end the minimum we have to give on the plan you took is, 64 kbps - u r getting the minimum, isnt it?
If you want a higher minimum assured speed, take up one of the business plans.[/b]
that was so nice of them...
😕

they are taking panga from the wrong guys... god help them... muahhahahaa.duh.i wish writing the truth on the net worked in india 🙁 their are no social activism getting inspired by online petitions or wars!

100% with you guys - AIRTEL SUCKS!

Since they are the only ones currently offering "upto 256k" broadband...stuck with them for now.

No double speeds at night for me.

Broadband is not taken seriously in India due to the low computer penetration level....With time - things would change I guess!

in my area sify has improved .. no extra charges except package , u always get 32+ on 256 pack and u get 10+ on 64k packs and per day 150 mb limit isnt that bad as the night is free . There are very less downtimes now ( but that depends on cto and cto here takes compliants seriously) .. though sify server gives probs sometimes but there is no issue with speeds .

Originally posted by gabruputt@Feb 1 2006, 12:20 PM
100% with you guys - AIRTEL SUCKS!
With time - things would change I guess![snapback]41007[/snapback]
[/quote]We didnt go to the extreme of saying airtel sucks!
Its just that all ISPs suck & airtel sucks less... 😛

In any case, dont hope time will change things. With time, ISPs will take the current situation for granted & their habit would become their behaviour!

Well prathapml, the topic title itself says - Sucky airtel broadband! i don't have to add anything more to it.

We didnt go to the extreme of saying airtel sucks!
Its just that all ISPs suck & airtel sucks less...

WE?? R u and Sushubh the same person?? or r u his spokesman??

muahhahahaa......aahahahhaum.

uhm...guys just calm down. i know its bad. sushubh, you have been complaining about the bad speeds for a long time now. shouldn't you be visiting someone in the airtel HO rather than talking to some fool in a call centre? I too have faced similar situation in the past. Visiting someone in the higher ups always solved my problem.

Max its not a prob. which is effecting sushubh only. The prob. is with every airtel subscriber in every reigon. Visiting HO (what ever that is) wouldnt change the whole situation

Originally posted by max@Feb 1 2006, 08:31 PM
uhm...guys just calm down. i know its bad. sushubh, you have been complaining about the bad speeds for a long time now. shouldn't you be visiting someone in the airtel HO rather than talking to some fool in a call centre? I too have faced similar situation in the past. Visiting someone in the higher ups always solved my problem.
[snapback]41054[/snapback]
[/quote]

that fool is the customer care executive. and i am talking about airtel, not some cable guy. they represent the company. it does not work like it does in MTNL or BSNL. if these guys tell me that a guy would visit me in 4 hours, it does. but normally, i am asleep when normal people work during the day time so he comes here when i am not available. tomorrow however is another day.

Originally posted by prathapml@Feb 1 2006, 02:59 PM
We didnt go to the extreme of saying airtel sucks!
Its just that all ISPs suck & airtel sucks less... 😛

[snapback]41024[/snapback]
[/quote]

ur missing the point. when i say bad days, it dont mean days are bad. when i say sucky airtel connection, it definitely does not mean airtel sucks. maybe it's time to give some time on the message being delivered not the message you want it to convey.

I think when u are getting speeds like 20KB/s on 256kbps package then its ok.Its in the limit of 128kbps-256kbps.I myself get 24-28KB/s on my 256kbps connection and i dont have any problem with it.This is how Airtel works.If you dont like these speeds then try another ISP 😛 And also i advise you to get a good firewall like Zone Alarm with good antivirus like Zone alarm.That would help you a lot.

1. i get like 12KBps on my 256kbps line. i get like 25KBps at night time when i am supposed to get between 256-512 kbps. 2. i think i know what a firewall means. i also think i know what an antispyware is. and infact i have also heard of the thing called antivirus.