Sucky Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 9,397
WHAT IS WRONG WITH U PPL!!! Fine wont see me here again! Good bye! :angry:

aree yaar chillax , and when i mentioned bout spamming it was some other guy , sushubh has deleted his posts , and ppl wer thinkin that we wer talkin bout u 😛

Originally posted by Sushubh@Feb 1 2006, 04:49 AM
I have been on Airtel Broadband ever since I moved to Gurgaon in December 2004. It has been a good experience on Airtel. Especially when I compare it to Sify Broadband. However, the last month has been a revelation.

The company announced double speeds at night scheme. However, when I check it at my place, I find it hard to believe if that actually is happening at my place. The best I get during the daytime is around 17 KBps when I should be getting around 32 KBps. At night, the speed improves to around 25 KBps when I should technically be getting 64 KBps.

A little loss in delivery of the speed is acceptable to me. But less than half of the speeds, I should be getting? Not good. Maybe I should start Blogging on my ongoing experiences with Airtel Broadband as I did it with Sify. Or maybe I should just harass the customer care people who have the usual suggestions… Scan for viruses/worms, clean cache, restart, reinstall. What crap?

I do not need their crappy online bandwidth tester when I can see what speeds I am getting on my download manager. And I do not need to listen to stupid comments that maybe my PC is infected with a worm, which is eating all my bandwidth. I am a smart enough guy to know that speeds suck from their side and they are doing nothing about it.

Maybe instead of spending money on keeping Shah Rukh Khan advertising for them, they can invest more in keeping their existing customers happy. Instead, I get spam calls on my Airtel telephone in the middle of the night telling me about their new caller tunes feature which would enable me to let the people calling me listen to the latest Emraan Hashmi starrer movie’s song.
[snapback]40987[/snapback]
[/quote]

Heres a simple solution call the airtel people home using some excuse like ur systems/net isnt wrking when they come ask that chap to check for himself.

you want to know what the problem was?the billing department was billing me for the 256k pack and the server guys had 128k pack on their record. there you go.

Sushubh, i fell that the same might be the case with me. how did you go about solving your problem? please explain...whom did you contact? i have tried calling their cc and a visit by thier engineer with no success....they just check the airtel bandwidth meter reading from their site and that's the end of it! And no double speed at night.

keep calling them. they are supposed to fix your problem in the next 4 working hours. get the guys to come to your place. let them test out the speeds on your PC. hope that the speed test from their servers get you slower speeds than half your promised package. ask him to check from the backend if their is any issues in your package. hope it works. it has still not worked nicely for me. but speeds have somewhat improved after the techie guy discovered the backend had a slower package in my name despite the fact that i was paying for the more expensive one.

For all those people like Sushubh and others who are not happy with their speeds just have look at my thread on what i have done so far to get the speed and packet loss problem eliminated
https://broadband.forum/How_i_finally_got...lved-t4162.html
Guys airtel is not deliberately giving you low speeds it just that their network has been not been able to handle the sudden increase in the number of customers in last couple of months. Also the double speed offer at night has not hepled the matters. They have plenty of bandwidth at backend its just that their local DSLAM's are getting choked. The above details were provide to me by the Assitant manager DSL Technical support Noida - Mr Sunil Wali. I was given his mobile number by the customer care itself as i was calling them daily about my low speeds and packet loss.

i dont hv any problem wid airtel,i hv 128kbps connexion,i get dl speed of 15 in the daytime and 24 after 11pm,so its fine.