Sucky Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 9,409
Originally posted by i_love_you@Feb 1 2006, 09:38 PM
I think when u are getting speeds like 20KB/s on 256kbps package then its ok.Its in the limit of 128kbps-256kbps.I myself get 24-28KB/s on my 256kbps connection and i dont have any problem with it.This is how Airtel works.If you dont like these speeds then try another ISP 😛

My avg is 25KB/s any time of the day. Last month was quite good, much more consistant than Dec when speeds were lower during the day.

i have *not* been informed about dbl speed at night tho.

SO i guess i dont have anything to complain about atm.

hmmm ...... speedz here to are suky and these airtel ppl sya that you are being given ur promised speed 😕 8KBps

Originally posted by Sushubh@Feb 1 2006, 09:43 PM
1. i get like 12KBps on my 256kbps line. i get like 25KBps at night time when i am supposed to get between 256-512 kbps.
2. i think i know what a firewall means. i also think i know what an antispyware is. and infact i have also heard of the thing called antivirus.
[snapback]41089[/snapback]
[/quote]
1.SOmetime u say 20 sometimes u say 17 sometimes u say 12 ???
Just give your speed reading from http://speed.touchtelindia.net/
That would do!
2.Thats good.
Make sure u get latest version of firewall + antivirus from www.zonealarm.com

just a thot...try connecting thru a usb modem.i hve started getting low download speeds thru ethernet so i switched 2 usb n speeds r up again.

Originally posted by i_love_you@Feb 1 2006, 09:53 PM
1.SOmetime u say 20 sometimes u say 17 sometimes u say 12 ???
Just give your speed reading from http://speed.touchtelindia.net/
That would do!
2.Thats good.
Make sure u get latest version of firewall + antivirus from www.zonealarm.com
[snapback]41094[/snapback]
[/quote]

here is what i would say to you. shut the hell up.

a note for prathapml. give me a posting suspension for being extra abusive today...

Originally posted by Sushubh@Feb 1 2006, 09:21 PM
that fool is the customer care executive. and i am talking about airtel, not some cable guy. they represent the company.
[snapback]41071[/snapback]
[/quote]

What more do you expect from a guy/gal who does not have a technical education or experience.

With 12k a month, no one will work as customer care executive if they are knowledgable.

Originally posted by netfreak@Feb 2 2006, 12:15 AM
What more do you expect from a guy/gal who does not have a technical education or experience.

With 12k a month, no one will work as customer care executive if they are knowledgable.
[snapback]41136[/snapback]
[/quote]

well the good point here is that if they cant solve my problem, i can escalate the issue with seniors. and that is what i am going to do tomorrow morning.

Originally posted by amogh_gulwady@Feb 2 2006, 01:30 AM
That speed site is ultra tweaked to make you believe you have high speeds... Check on dslreports.com/speakeasy.net
[snapback]41144[/snapback]
[/quote]

if the server is based in delhi. it does not give me any proof of their speeds to the sites in USA. i dont get broadband connectivity to surf websites which are locally based. i need to check my gmail and i need to check my web servers based in the US.

I tried escalating the issue & all I could think of.Did not help.The brochure clearly mentions that minimum assured speed for Home999 is 64 kbps.So they ask me to confirm if I'm getting atleast 64 kbps, & thereafter wash off hands on the matter.

hmm. now that is news to me. anyways, i will see what i can do. i would get them to redo the wiring at my place and cause as much trouble to them as they are doing with me. vsnl broadband is not available in my region so well that is not even an option. 1600 bucks for a 256 line... as long as it works is affordable.

another day. 9 am. net sucks. getting 36kbps on speed.airtelbroadband.in. life is so wonderful!

Its not just about speed! Im getting a lot of downtime too! Crap..! :angry: