• Thread starter Thread starter aran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,243

aran

ISP
SpaceNet
Hey Guys,

I'm using 750UL Plan. I've been experiencing shitty speed, frequent disconnections since the past month.
I had complained many times, and the lineman just checks the dial-tone, checks if the DSL is connected and says it's all good. I can't even search on google properly or could download anything.
Before I use to download movies, and what not.

I'm so much frustrated with it, that this month I'm gonna ask them to either change the entire wire and change my peers or just cut my phone connection.

Please advice me what I can do.

Your suggestions/replies are appreciated.

Thanks.

My Modem is - Teracom Type-2

Following is the info, I copied from the Admin Overview.

Internet Connection
DSL Status Connected
Downstream Data Rate 7999 Kbps
Upstream Data Rate 496 Kbps
Downstream Attainable Data Rate 8585 Kbps
Upstream Attainable Data Rate 812 Kbps
SNR (Downstream) 6.60 dB
SNR (Upstream) 12.0 dB
Line Attentuation(Downstream) 33.0 dB
Line Attentuation(Upstream) 20.0 dB

Attenuation is too high and SNR is too low. check for carbon at joints on junction box or distribution box and clear it.In your modem switch to G.dmt mode instead of Adsl+2.I hope it will work

Attenuation is too high and SNR is too low. check for carbon at joints on junction box or distribution box and clear it.

In your modem switch to G.dmt mode instead of Adsl+2.

I hope it will work

Thanks for the reply mate.

There is one joint, I'll cut the wire and join it again.

Can you please guide me how can I switch to G.dmt Mode?

Thanks.

Okay, I opened up the joint and cleared the carbon (though there wasn't any, as the joint is covered)

Anyways, here is the updated overview:

Internet Connection
DSL Status Connected
Downstream Data Rate 6160 Kbps
Downstream Attainable Data Rate 6167 Kbps
Upstream Attainable Data Rate 800 Kbps
SNR (Downstream) 6.00 dB
SNR (Upstream) 10.0 dB
Line Attentuation(Downstream) 37.0 dB
Line Attentuation(Upstream) 21.0 dB

Heh, you've messed it up further. Get the cable changed.

Get the wire changed if you can.

That is the must thing I will ask them tomorrow, I'm gonna fight to change the ***in wire.

Suggest me how can I convince them to change the entire wire?

Thanks a lot.

Heh, you've messed it up further. Get the cable changed.

Can you please explain what Attentuation and SNR are?

Guys, I have BSNL broadband connection which had had been giving me severe problems which was not attended to by the BSNL employees. The unbelievable fact was that there was an assistant engineer ( thats the head in the local excahnge) who was totally incapable of addressing the issue as "She" was not able to "command" her junior "male" employees. Apart from that she had absolutely no knowledge of compute networks. There was only one person in that exchange who was trained to address the "computer" / "wifi"/ "network" related problems. If he saw that there was no problem with the modem then he would pass the problem on to the "lineman" who would come and check the "line". If the "line" was working ie if they could get a call through to the exchange ( to the AE), then it was as per their norms in working condition. Then the AE would confirm that a successful call was made and hence problem resolved.For the time being I survived with a Tata Docomo dongle. After a tiresome week of dysfunctional internet life, I managed to get the email id of Milind Deora who is the MoS in the Teleom Ministry.I mailed him detailing the pain and emotional distress of broadband user in India with all the details. I received a reply within a couple of hours from his Private Secretary who CC'ed the Minstry officials with the nature of my complain.The same day I received a call from the regional office of the DoT and had the problem fixed in no time. And they kept calling me every day for a whole week asking if my problem was satisfactorily addressed.Hats of to Milind Deora!! Its the laid back and chalta hai my-job-is-secure attitude of certain govt employees who we have to put up with.

Guys, I have BSNL broadband connection which had had been giving me severe problems which was not attended to by the BSNL employees. The unbelievable fact was that there was an assistant engineer ( thats the head in the local excahnge) who was totally incapable of addressing the issue as "She" was not able to "command" her junior "male" employees. Apart from that she had absolutely no knowledge of compute networks. There was only one person in that exchange who was trained to address the "computer" / "wifi"/ "network" related problems. If he saw that there was no problem with the modem then he would pass the problem on to the "lineman" who would come and check the "line". If the "line" was working ie if they could get a call through to the exchange ( to the AE), then it was as per their norms in working condition. Then the AE would confirm that a successful call was made and hence problem resolved.

For the time being I survived with a Tata Docomo dongle. After a tiresome week of dysfunctional internet life, I managed to get the email id of Milind Deora who is the MoS in the Teleom Ministry.

I mailed him detailing the pain and emotional distress of broadband user in India with all the details. I received a reply within a couple of hours from his Private Secretary who CC'ed the Minstry officials with the nature of my complain.

The same day I received a call from the regional office of the DoT and had the problem fixed in no time. And they kept calling me every day for a whole week asking if my problem was satisfactorily addressed.
Hats of to Milind Deora!!

Its the laid back and chalta hai my-job-is-secure attitude of certain govt employees who we have to put up with.

Sounds great mate.

Can you please email me Milind Deora's email address and also forward me the email you sent to him.
I would really appreciate it mate.

Email me at - rachellluhn051[at]hotmail.com

Thanks again.

For the time being I survived with a Tata Docomo dongle. After a tiresome week of dysfunctional internet life, I managed to get the email id of Milind Deora who is the MoS in the Teleom Ministry.

I mailed him detailing the pain and emotional distress of broadband user in India with all the details. I received a reply within a couple of hours from his Private Secretary who CC'ed the Minstry officials with the nature of my complain.

The same day I received a call from the regional office of the DoT and had the problem fixed in no time. And they kept calling me every day for a whole week asking if my problem was satisfactorily addressed.
Hats of to Milind Deora!!

Its the laid back and chalta hai my-job-is-secure attitude of certain govt employees who we have to put up with.

lol Be rest assured, you're net connection will not be down again... Btw, do send me his E-Mail I.D. too! (bstolia[at]gmail.com)

So guys today I went to the nearby BSNL Office and scolded those retards badly.

They've replaced the entire cable from my house to the pole.
I can feel that the browsing speed is increased than what was before. 🙂

This is the updated overview:

Internet Connection
DSL Status Connected
Downstream Data Rate 7999 Kbps
Downstream Attainable Data Rate 10742 Kbps
Upstream Attainable Data Rate 886 Kbps
SNR (Downstream) 11.60 dB
SNR (Upstream) 16.5 dB
Line Attentuation(Downstream) 34.5 dB
Line Attentuation(Upstream) 19.0 dB