• Thread starter Thread starter anand
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 10,876

anand

Regulars
ISP
Sify (best of the worst)
Sometimes my 32+ unlimited connection gave me 2 kbps but this happened infrequently. So I checked my cable, moved it around it bit disconnected and reconnected and still nothing but after doing it enough times (which took me about 1 and half hour) I once again regained 7.7 KBps but I noticed that when you reach the 75 MB cap it goes to 2.9 KBps which can't be helped. Anyway those of you with insanely slow connections check your cable it may be damaged.The story of how my cable was damaged is quite intresting too, maybe another time......

someone please tell me they mention the 75megs a day thingy on their website. coz if they do not... it can be amounted to cheating.

well that s*cks. a point to be highlighted...

Here is the point. I was told by Mr. Satinder Singh that Sify mentions the 75megs limit on shared packages on the website. I failed to find it. So, before you guys tell me that I am getting slower speeds coz I have downloaded more than 75megs on a particular day... I had like you to show me the package page with the 75megs a day limit mentioned.

I hope, this is not an unreasonable demand. You cannot hide this particular bit of information from a customer who thinks he is buying an UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD AND TIME DURATION package. Just a link from your website would work.

regards,
Sushubh[/b]

the above was my latest mail to sify people.

Hi, No , there is 75 MB cap I was surfing the web at the speed of 7.7 KBps in the morning.my package is 32+ kbps unlimited. In the noon i was download a tamil movie using bittorrent. At the beginning of the download i was getting the speed between 6.4-9.6 KB. When it reached the downloaded amount around 60 MB something it was download at the speed of 2.7 KB. I tried to logout and login wishing i will get the original speed, but i was no use.For me 75 MB cap is true.

There is a cap!They mention it when u renew online; when u already chosen ur pckage, and just 1 step before u logon to your netbank-accountThe cap is soo pathetic!The speeds are already poor uncapped and they even have the guts to lower it even moreSify Cheatband!

Originally posted by knak@Oct 25 2004, 11:03 PM
There is a cap!
They mention it when u renew online; when u already chosen ur pckage, and  just 1 step before u logon to your netbank-account

The cap is soo pathetic!
The speeds are already poor uncapped and they even have the guts to lower it even more

Sify Cheatband!
[snapback]1180[/snapback]
[/quote]
Even so they should have mentioned it on their master price list here

hi,

1st paragraph last but 5 lines proves that

went to the sify office to talk in person with someone.....and now they tell me that even though it is called as unlimited they’ll reduce my speed when the data transfer per day exceeds 75MB....And now after using this useless thing for another 4 days,the speed is always only a max of 24Kbps even if i don’t exceed 75MB.Actually i haven’t used it for the past 2 days and there is no change. And i think this’ll never change since it has been like this for the past few days. [/b]

i have heard the same on phone from 4 seperate guys. the problem is that they don't give it to us in writing. a case which can be considered as cheating. if only suing was that easy!

:lol: I am nowadays downloading a 530 MB game demo off sify for the past 4 days, on and off, using the download manager Get Right .And today after 92 % completion they have clamped down on me and made me have 2kBps lol.Well, last night, the whole of it, I downloaded at 6.2 kBps ( I was awake doing some work and observed it) so I would have to pay for it wouldn't I 😉