Stuck pixel on a month old Defy+, some queries.

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 8,171
BTW, does reseting device to factory default unroot the device and restore original files? It used to get unrooted on my Samsung Galaxy 3.

I don't think it will help, but there is no harm trying!

I dont think so. factory reset will format the /data partition. root access is through /system.

is it one of these?
Droid-Developers SBF

Nope. Not in there. I'm looking for 45.0.1321.MB526.AsiaRetail.en.03. There is one there which is similar, but it has 'CN' written, which means it's specially for China.

The one on XDA is the exact version that I want. Sadly, links not working.

Final attempt should be:Use a ball point pen and gently tap on the stuck pixel several times till it becomes normal. Several people have reported success with it. This has to be done AFTER removing any protective screen.Don't over do it or apply too much pressure that it cracks your screen.I am not responsible for anything. Do it only if there is no other alternative.

Found this somewhere:Turn off your monitor.Get yourself a damp cloth, so that you won’t scratch the screen.Apply pressure to the area where the stuck pixel is. Try not to put pressure anywhere else, as this may trigger the creation of more stuck pixels.While applying pressure, turn on your computer and screen.Remove pressure and the stuck pixel should be gone.This works because in a stuck pixel liquid in a subpixel has not spread equally. In combination with the backlight of your screen, this liquid is used to allow different amounts of light to pass through, which creates the different colors.

Found this somewhere:

Turn off your monitor.
Get yourself a damp cloth, so that you won’t scratch the screen.
Apply pressure to the area where the stuck pixel is. Try not to put pressure anywhere else, as this may trigger the creation of more stuck pixels.
While applying pressure, turn on your computer and screen.
Remove pressure and the stuck pixel should be gone.

This works because in a stuck pixel liquid in a subpixel has not spread equally. In combination with the backlight of your screen, this liquid is used to allow different amounts of light to pass through, which creates the different colors.

Final attempt should be:

Use a ball point pen and gently tap on the stuck pixel several times till it becomes normal. Several people have reported success with it. This has to be done AFTER removing any protective screen.

Don't over do it or apply too much pressure that it cracks your screen.

I am not responsible for anything. Do it only if there is no other alternative.

These tricks won't work on capacitive screens because it's surface is pure glass. In my case, the glass is a toughened glass (Gorilla Glass).

I've tried 2 - 3 similar apps, all in vain.

please do not try to play with your screen....
take it to service center.

i mailed motorola india about a dead link on their website. and this is what i got back.

Dear Mr. Sushubh Mittal,

Thank you for writing us at Motorola Customer Care.

With reference to your mail regarding MOTOROLA DEFY+, we would like to inform you that Motorola provides one year warranty of its products from the Date of Purchase as mentioned on the purchasing receipt/bill of the handset.

Moreover, we have forwarded your email to our concerned department as a feedback and they will definetely look into it.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

You can update your incident by simply clicking on the following link:
https://motorola-global-en-aus.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/ask

You may also alternatively call us direct at the following number:

1800-3000-4343 (Toll free from all Networks)

Warm Regards,
Harsh Dhawan
Motorola Customer Care - India

i mailed motorola india about a dead link on their website. and this is what i got back.

Here's what i got, there is nothing mentioned whether this is covered under warranty.

Thank you for writing us at Motorola Customer Care.

With reference to your mail regarding MOTOROLA DEFY+, we request you to please visit nearest Motorola Authorized Service centre, our technician will check your handset thoroughly and surely assist you further in this regard.

You may find the complete list of service centers by clicking http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/IN-EN/Static_Files/Indian-Service-Centers.pdf

You can update your incident by simply clicking on the following link:
https://motorola-global-en-aus.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/ask

You may also alternatively call us direct at the following number:

1800-3000-4343 (Toll free from all Networks)

Warm Regards,
Harsh Dhawan
Motorola Customer Care - India

MY EMAIL TO THEM:
My phone, a Motorola Defy+, purchased on 11th Feb 2012 has developed a stuck pixel. A picture of the same is attached herewith. The dead pixel is near the center of the screen. It feels irritating while using the phone as my attention keeps diverting towards to that part and it looks bad while viewing pictures.

I would like to know whether this is covered under warranty.

I've submitted the phone at the Motorola Service Centre today. They've kept the phone and battery, and returned the memory card and battery cover back. According to them, it'll take atleast 10 - 15 days to get it back.