Stuck on 2 Mbps speed on 8 Mbps plan

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr.Joker
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 10,850
ISP
BSNL
So I recently got my plan changed to New 2841 plan and it shows on the official BSNL website that it gives upto 8 Mbps speed but my speed hasn't changed at all and I am still getting pathetic 2 Mbps speed on it from almost 5 days now.
Here are my modem settings.
iaMsObS.jpg

As you can see my downstream rate is still capped at 2048 Kbps and I have seen on many threads here that everyone usually goes through same problem whenever they upgrade their plan to above 2 Mbps. It's just really absurd that we have to make countless phone calls and submit tickets to get those nutjobs to fix the line rate according to the plan we are paying for.

So I called the SDE at exchange and told him about not getting proper speed and he basically said that I wont be getting speed above 2 Mbps at all. I asked him if he can change my line rate to 8000 Kbps because the reason I'm not getting more than 2 Mbps is because my fucking line rate is capped at 2048 Kbps and he didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about and kept on repeating that they can't give more than 2 Mbps and he doesn't know how to change the line rate from his system...fucking hell.

So as my last resort after having the pleasant conversation with SDE I have filed a pgportal ticket and it's status hasn't updated in 3 days. So it got me thinking that why BSNL is advertising these plans as available in all India but in reality it's just plain bullshit? I would have moved to another ISP but my dumb town doesn't have any alternatives unfortunately. So can anyone help me out here about this and what should I do? I'm from Rajasthan so it would be helpful if I knew any NIB numbers to contact to in my state about this.

TL;DR - Got the 2841 plan but speed is still capped at 2 Mbps, SDE is a moron. Help.

The only guy who can help you is the guy who comes to install your modem and configures it. PGPORTAL ,CC and SELF CARE PORTAL might help but try contacting their engineer and given him chai paani.

The only guy who can help you is the guy who comes to install your modem and configures it. PGPORTAL ,CC and SELF CARE PORTAL might help but try contacting their engineer and given him chai paani.
No one came to configure the modem or anything when I got the new connection, It was in 2007 and one of my friend helped me configure it.

Guy I also changed my plan on 27 July and received text on 29 July that it's activated,made so many phone calls to bsnl customer care which is hope less,guys did you find any solution for this.

Guy I also changed my plan on 27 July and received text on 29 July that it's activated,made so many phone calls to bsnl customer care which is hope less,guys did you find any solution for this.
So I recently got my plan changed to New 2841 plan and it shows on the official BSNL website that it gives upto 8 Mbps speed but my speed hasn't changed at all and I am still getting pathetic 2 Mbps speed on it from almost 5 days now.
iaMsObS.jpg

As you can see my downstream rate is still capped at 2048 Kbps and I have seen on many threads here that everyone usually goes through same problem whenever they upgrade their plan to above 2 Mbps. It's just really absurd that we have to make countless phone calls and submit tickets to get those nutjobs to fix the line rate according to the plan we are paying for.

So I called the SDE at exchange and told him about not getting proper speed and he basically said that I wont be getting speed above 2 Mbps at all. I asked him if he can change my line rate to 8000 Kbps because the reason I'm not getting more than 2 Mbps is because my fucking line rate is capped at 2048 Kbps and he didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about and kept on repeating that they can't give more than 2 Mbps and he doesn't know how to change the line rate from his system...fucking hell.

So as my last resort after having the pleasant conversation with SDE I have filed a pgportal ticket and it's status hasn't updated in 3 days. So it got me thinking that why BSNL is advertising these plans as available in all India but in reality it's just plain bullshit? I would have moved to another ISP but my dumb town doesn't have any alternatives unfortunately. So can anyone help me out here about this and what should I do? I'm from Rajasthan so it would be helpful if I knew any NIB numbers to contact to in my state about this.

TL;DR - Got the 2841 plan but speed is still capped at 2 Mbps, SDE is a moron. Help.
Guy I also changed my plan on 27 July and received text on 29 July that it's activated,made so many phone calls to bsnl customer care which is hope less,guys did you find any solution for this

There is no other option. Go to their SDE and forced them to uncap your port speed.

I too have changed my plan to 2295 and tomorrow i ll approach them and get it uncapped.

I too faced the same issue while opting for ULD2841 plan. By default I was stuck with 2mbps line speed.
From my experience I can assure you that Exchange Office will not entertain any request directly from user.
I asked for phone no. of the person who could assist me with broadband installation. When he arrived at my place I showed him the issue, he confirmed that most guys at exchange will have no clue what I was speaking about. He personally called someone and within 5 minutes my line status changed to 8mbps and after half an hour my actual speed settled at about 6.5-7mbps.

So try to get the phone no. of installation guy. That's the person you need to talk to.

iaMsObS.jpg

I too have a similar problem .. how to get the information that you have taken screenshot of???

Initially they had put mine to 4099.After calling 1957 They have set mine to 8241 .totally happy ..getting 7.07 mbps🙂😉🙂🙂:inlove:

Say the line rate is set low .they will immediately change it.

Initially they had put mine to 4099.After calling 1957 They have set mine to 8241 .totally happy ..getting 7.07 mbps🙂😉🙂🙂:inlove:

Say the line rate is set low .they will immediately change it.
hello can you tell me what you did becz i have changed the plan from 1mbps to 8mbps but when i run speed test it shows 1.45mbps wtf please tell me how you did it ...