Stuck @512kbps in 1350UL

• Thread starter Thread starter nmpraveen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,969

nmpraveen

ISP
BSNL
I have been using 1350UL plan for almost a year..they changed the plan @ april 1 to 2mbps upto 15gb and after that 512Kbps...

But still i'm getting 512kbps..I have made tons of compliant, but no use..

and now recently my net gets disconnected by mid night and comes back again by morning 10 or 11..

Today they told to change ip from 19216811 to 192168110.

but still no increase in speed..Does anyone have solution for this..

1. Complain to Senior Divisional Engineer (SDE) and seek help.2. Complain to Nodal officer or Appellate authority. ID and password on the backside of your bill.3. Post your SNR and attenuation values.4. Post your modem - model and make.4. Ask the line man check the line from junction box to your home. Poor line conditions like joints, no insulation areas can also make such problems.5. Reset your modem to factory settings and reconfigure.

The same thing has happened to me. A little enquiry revealed that the lines which were taken long ago uses old technology that does not allow dynamic bandwidth change without sharp fall in SNR. So with some old connections, 1 Mbps upto 15 gb cannot be implemented. Prepaid broadband services or higher speed at 8mbps(in future), triple play etc. are also not available in those lines. You need to surrender your connection and get a new one to avail those benefits. Hence I have opted to downgrade to UIL 750 connection.