Strict NAT while playing games

ISP
Indinet
I get Strict NAT while playing multiplayer games like For Honor(Ubisoft), Call Of Duty Modern Warfare's free to play Battle Royale: Warzone, GTA Online(Rockstar Games) and many other which hinders my online experience as I cannot join my other friends who are online in the game.

How can I obtain Open NAT or at least a Moderate NAT?

I have a static IP provided by the service provider.
I am using a TP-Link Router, if that information helps me finding a solution.

Thank you.

is UPnP enabled on your router?. Since many online games require some specific ports to be mapped.
If your router does not support UPnP then you need to setup port forwarding manually

this website help you to know which port is required by your game.

Hi. I too have Siti Cable (Indinet) and trying to find a solution. But unfortunately the LCO doesnt even understand the issue.

What's the response for below command in cmd..
netsh interface teredo show state

Teredo Parameters
---------------------------------------------
Type : disabled
Server Name : win1901.ipv6.microsoft.com.
Client Refresh Interval : 30 seconds
Client Port : unspecified
State : offline
Error : none

This is the current reply from my cmd.

try this

OR manually port forward Teredo port

This is the port for Teredo in my case
1594140491648.webp

Router D-Link DIR-615 T3 version

Press windows +r and type xbox networking and let it run then click check again. After that type that cmd of netsh and let us know output

@SagnikNayak Check your wan ip, you may be behind cg-nat if, the wan ip starts from 100.x.x.x.,10.x.x.x,172.x.x.x or 192.x.x.x. Port forwarding will not work and upnp may or may not work.

If you see my status of teredo you would find out that upnp is properly active ( UPNP: Yes) and has shared an open NAT (Cone flavor) because my internal & external ports are same. If your router assigns different ports on internal & external, your NAT becomes Strict in the xbox networking.
I am on Win10 Pro version where I can control Group Policy by specifying port number, refresh intervals, server name, client type etc. In home version you do not have that option of group policy. But the below is default config where refresh is 34567 seconds. I do not understand why it takes so many seconds by default. It should be 20 seconds as I understand. the server points to an Indian server for teredo of Microsoft.

netsh interface teredo show state
Teredo Parameters
---------------------------------------------
Type : natawareclient
Server Name : win1910.ipv6.microsoft.com.
Client Refresh Interval : 34567 seconds
Client Port : 34567
State : qualified
Client Type : teredo host-specific relay
Network : unmanaged
NAT : cone
NAT Special Behaviour : UPNP: Yes, PortPreserving: Yes
Local Mapping : 192.168.XXX.5:34567
External NAT Mapping : 120.63.XXX.XXX:34567
1594182826676.webp

@popcorn Even if he gets open nat in xbox networking doesn't mean that he will get open nat on games, it depends on which server he is connecting to. For ex, my upnp is enabled and i get type-3 (strict) nat in playstation speedtest, but in call of duty i get open nat.

@SagnikNayak

Siti Broadband (Indinet) has CG-NAT. The static IP that you're talking about is basically a private IP provided by your LCO. Getting even a moderate NAT type is quite impossible.

I've used Siti in the past for almost 2 years and let me tell you something, they block all the ports by default. All the freaking ports. Using UPnP or even putting your machine in DMZ won't help you in any way, as you are behind several routers, each of them having strict firewall rules blocking ports and all that.