Strange things after applying for IPTV today. Any ideas??

• Thread starter Thread starter akb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 8,265
Status
Not open for further replies.

akb

ISP
MTNL
Hi everyone,To test this IPTV thing I applied for it today and they were pretty quick. The sales guy promised to get it installed by today or tomorrow. I received a call from them about whether they can come to install in the evening today but as I had some work I told him to come tomorrow morning. When I reached home in night, I tried to login into my ADSL router page at 192.168.1.1, something which I had been doing for years. Mine is BSNL's ITI Wifi Type IV modem. When I entered my username and password in the router's login prompt, I was surprised to see a page I had never seen before. It was showing some Huawei modem's configuration page but had statistics matching to mine like DHCP clients etc etc. I at first thought that my firmware automatically got updated for some wrong model but when I refreshed it in the browser and it came up with some ZTE config page. I removed the telephone line cable out of the modem and refreshed the page again and was relaxed to see that my original ITI config page was shown. I plugged in the telephone cable again and waited for the DSL light to stabilize and refreshed the page. It again came up with some Huawei modem's page. This has confused me a lot. I cannot understand whats happening. I am sure those IPTV people have made some changes on the backend which is causing this as I can see my d/l rate has been also increased to 5.5 Mbps.To experiment further, I plugged out the line cable, loaded my modem's original config page and changed my lan's IP/gateway from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.15.1. Now my PC gets the IP 192.168.15.2 from router and I can also login normally to the config page at 192.168.15.1 with or without the telephone line cable plugged in. So I suspect the issue is with the IP 192.168.1.1 which loads different modem config pages each time I try logging in after I applied for IPTV.Does anyone have any idea as to whats happening ??-Regards,Akash

Status
Not open for further replies.