Strange STB - delete channels PROBLEM, Restarts STB

• Thread starter Thread starter rajeshc5
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,290

rajeshc5

ISP
bsnl
Hello,I am facing a problem when i am organizing the channels in my SUN direct's STB. If I delete an unwanted channel through the channel list - delete option, it will be deleted from the channel list. Next time if i view any channel which is coming under the same transponder, then a "Please Wait" message comes and all the deleted channels are back again!!!. Its quite strange behavior, I spent hours on this, still no solution. Another problem is If i delete any channel from the transponder 11030 V (Sun TV etc), and later when i am viewing any other channel from this transponder, the STB is restarting after every couple of minutes. 😕Is there any way to get rid of these problems. Basically I want to delete some unwanted channels - the wanted channels should work properly, and the deleted channels should not come back automatically unless i do a manual scan again. Thanks

Hello,
I am facing a problem when i am organizing the channels in my SUN direct's STB. If I delete an unwanted channel through the channel list - delete option, it will be deleted from the channel list. Next time if i view any channel which is coming under the same transponder, then a "Please Wait" message comes and all the deleted channels are back again!!!. Its quite strange behavior, I spent hours on this, still no solution.

Another problem is If i delete any channel from the transponder 11030 V (Sun TV etc), and later when i am viewing any other channel from this transponder, the STB is restarting after every couple of minutes. 😕

Is there any way to get rid of these problems. Basically I want to delete some unwanted channels - the wanted channels should work properly, and the deleted channels should not come back automatically unless i do a manual scan again.
Thanks

It may be a software mistake in the stb. Until they update their software you do one thing. Move those unwanted channels somewhere else. Don't delete them. Just move them outofsight. Now the stb can't add the channels and irritate you 🙂 It will run out of options.

It may be a software mistake in the stb. Until they update their software you do one thing. Move those unwanted channels somewhere else. Don't delete them. Just move them outofsight. Now the stb can't add the channels and irritate you 🙂 It will run out of options.

thanks dhoni,
move them outof sight means to the end of the channels list ? But the STB doesnt have move channels option in the channels list!! I have the following only - view,delete,rename,lock,favorite.

hai rajeshc5 then you can creat a favourite channel list in that you can add channels what you like. just try it

thanks dhoni,
move them outof sight means to the end of the channels list ? But the STB doesnt have move channels option in the channels list!! I have the following only - view,delete,rename,lock,favorite.

There is an option in Coship STBs. Don't know whether software upgrade makes it disappear 🙁 If that option is not there then you can put the channels you want in the favourites 🙂 So that you can stay there itself and no need to see unwanted channels which will be sitting the main list.

hai rajeshc5 then you can creat a favourite channel list in that you can add channels what you like. just try it

When I was typing you replied 🙂 Thanks 🙂