• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 2,276
N

nightwolf2k5

local welder/Lobotomist
ISP
b-s-n-l
well.. lately.. the surfing just seems to suck!! i need to disconnect n reconnect (via my modem page) to get the surfing to work.. downloading from http links though work fine.. get a good speed of about 27-20k, the problem is torrents.. i spent an entire night n downloaded only 5% of a torrent! it din get connected to any of the seeds availale out there.. i've tried switchin off the modem n switching it on again.. but.. makes no difference.. the torrent, if u must know, has plenty of seeds..here is some stats about my linkSNR Margin 34.5db 21.5db dBLine Attenuation 24.0db 12.0db dBLoss of Signal 0 0 CRC Errors 0 0 Data Rate 2044 Kbps 510 Kbps kbpsLatency Interleaved Interleaved this is getting really irritating..edit: i HAVE portforwarded my modem by using the dmz n also have a virtual network thingy done n i've even tried bridged mode..

M

mrbgupta

DADA
ISP
BSNL 750UL+ & 500C+
which bittorrent client u use? tell me about settings of ur client.which model of modem u r using?hv u configured ur modem in anyway?i can help u if u give a detail.

N

nightwolf2k5

local welder/Lobotomist
ISP
b-s-n-l
thanks anyways.. turns out that the torrent was all screwed.. a whole tracker kinda disappeared..but.. still.. got a strange problem.. after being online for like 5 min or so.. half the websites kinda stop getting accessed.. but.. some websites.. kinda work.. its the strangest thing.. the only way out.. is to disconnect n reconnect..btw.. my modem is the ut-300r2u, right now i am in the ppoope config thingy.. i've changed to bridged mode n still seen no difference... its really irritating man..

M

mrbgupta

DADA
ISP
BSNL 750UL+ & 500C+
to me pppoe dialer is better. u can change ur DNS .do u use utorrent?

N

nightwolf2k5

local welder/Lobotomist
ISP
b-s-n-l
what dns should i put.. i kinda have set it to automatic..i use utorrent n i am using the dialer from now on..

B

Bluecafe

ISP
Bsnl 500
if there are no seeder you cannot download....seeder should seeding otherwise you cannot download.torrent is a P2P system.

N

nightwolf2k5

local welder/Lobotomist
ISP
b-s-n-l
yeah.. i know.. what i have a probelm with is the slow surfing n the websites not loading after a bit..

P

pranKster

ISP
Tata Indicom quick Power 360 + 9 to 9 for 299 @ 2 MBPS !
hey wolf, I got similar problem, i need to dis-connect and reconnect to browse some sites. but this happens when i experience some attack like DOS (denial of service), although I have good firewall, still i have to reconnect ... i guess thats the only way. (on reconnect IP changes, that will prevent attacker to target u again).

N

nightwolf2k5

local welder/Lobotomist
ISP
b-s-n-l
unfortunately.. the thing keeps happenin man..strangely... its stopped lately.. but.. i think it'll be back soon enough..the thing is.. like after 5 min of being online.. the nets goes all weird.. only some websites open.. n.. the others.. dont.. its like i've been taken off a certain part of the internet n given access to only a few websites!! kinda weird..anyways.. thanks for tellin me abt DOS .. just enabled the DOS protection in my modem.. i kinda got sygate n most times it notifies me of an attack.. n.. none so far.. so i doubt anybody is tryin to do a dos attack on me..

P

psagar001

ISP
bsnl
same problemm

I am not able to visit some sites.. namely Indian Passport, Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India
and
edulix.com

tried reconnecting.. and tried restarting modem

still same issue....

can some1 help me out.. this is the second day i m havin same problemm..

i can chat with a frnd who uses bsnl dataone he is able to open the sites

M

Mac

Regulars
ISP
Airtel Broadband Swift 1099 1Mbps
Try opening these sites through proxy websites.if they work then flush DNS by this command "ipconfig /flushdns" @cmd prompt.also try using alternate DNS servers like openDNS.:)