Strange Problem

mayank1200

Regulars
my speakers are connected to my pc .....when i switch on/off any light in my room.....my internet gets stuck and i hv to restrt the modem to get connected again :(.......any soln. to it??????bt i dont face any prob when my pc is connected wid headfones(wh dont need any ext. supply) instead of speakers.

popcorn

try to keep the speakers and modem at a distance and also on different power socket/phase if you can!

Lokesh

Regulars
Regulars
QUOTE(consensus @ Jul 24 2006, 06:12 PM) [snapback]56614[/snapback]
they r on diff socket :(
[/b]
the speakers may be powerful and draw a lot of power. wen u switch on the lights(tube-light) are there sounds(disturbances) coming from speakers?

mayank1200

Regulars
yes....a small disturbance is always there when i switch on the lites...at that instant internet hangs

blr_p

Regulars
Regulars
Do you have a UPS ?try also connecting modem to UPS ?

Lokesh

Regulars
Regulars
hmm, so you still have da prob.? which make of ur modem and ups and how old r they?

blr_p

Regulars
Regulars
My thoughts exactly, i'm beginning to suspect your ups isn't sensitive enough to detect the power fluctuation or it is in need of a service, you can ask your UPS vendor to adjust sensitivity.I bet it does not switch to the battery when you flick a switch.Your modem like most electronic devices is pretty sensitive to this.