strange problem with ut300r2u

vinayak1986

Regular
ISP
BSNL
i was using UT300R2U smoothly and very efficiently till yesterday... yesterday morning,the connection was disconnected at about 6am.. and it didnt reconnect again.. the message shown was that '' error 678-modem not found"..i was using it in bridge mode.. i tried using it in router mode then,it didnt work to!!!! the led's r on,adsl link is stable... the xchange guys told there is no prob with the line, then what the hell??? any1 had similar experiences??plz help me...

Check in Diagnostics page. of the modem . Report. start run type cmd type ipconfig/all. Give details.

i dont hav any connection except dataone in my home..iam now browsing from a cafe.. i cant giv u the exact report,but the test showed that all links except my ethernet,dsl link were in 'fail' status..iam almost sure that link between pc-modem is working allright

How do you make sure you modem is communicating with PC? if the links are stable and you are unable to browse any links then there may be a problem with ISP too. Another possible reason is if you have any thrid party firewall installed, it may block the traffic. If the LED's are stable in Modem, open command prompt and and try to ping the default gateway. If it is pinging then try pining any website. If it works, problem is with the broswer. Check the browser configuration.

@vinayak1986. You could have made some mistake in the modem settings.Ipconfig/all will also tell you connection status. Anyway, you can reset the modem and try again. when you go home.

here is my ipconfig/all results:

Windows 2000 IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : love-0akhstyacp
Primary DNS Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139(A) PCI Fast Ethernet
Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-80-48-4B-7E-59
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, December 28, 2007 10:40:22 A
M
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, December 29, 2007 10:40:22
AM

the modem diagnostics results is posted in the following link
http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=diagno7.jpg

i dont think its a prob with the browser,cuz i had no probs till then.i schedule the router to ring up at 2am and connect to the net.. the log showed that the connection was lost at 4am.and it started reconnection attempts from that moment with no success..

start/network/LAN/Properties/TCP/IP Propertiesselect assign Ip address automaticallY ( not really needed now )enter the Following dns ( opendns)208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220Try first in PPP/PPPoE mode.waiting for report

i use the same modem too....like previously said if all the LEDs are on then u can.......- reset the modem, create a new test user account and start setting up the network. c were u head.....even in there if u unable to connect, give serious consideration for the fact that modem may be faulty.....

@wiZdom, i dont think modem is faulty cuz::
1.i was using it till 6am,in the span of 1 sec it became faulty?? there was no thunder,or electrical disturbance or anything of that sort.. i may be wrong,but i dont think so
2.i can ping the modem,access it thro the 192.. page..(again i may b wrong)

1 thing i forgot 2 mention in earlier posts: got the same problem last saturday night..tried everything..couldnt fix it.. sunday morning got fixed by itself..
this also prevents me from thinking that it might be a modem fault.

guyz,take a look at these earlier posts in BF.. similar to mine(error 678)

https://broadband.forum/bsnl-dataone-broadband/799-error-678-problem/

https://broadband.forum/bsnl-dataone-broadband/1363-problem-error-678-a/