Strange problem On STB

dishtv_info

Regulars
ISP
bsnl
From past few weeks My STB does not get the red light it keeps on fluctuating between some light orangie red and green after 5 min appx it gets stable and stands by on the redlight..

After that it works fine even after i switch off the main and it will be on immediately but if switch i of mains for an 2-3 hr and on it again the same problem..
Once it on all the function works fine and signal and quality is also perfect no problem ...

I wonder what is this problem all about? Is it the STB problem OR the software loading problem ?

Is that a regular problem that whenever you switch on your stb it happens. or it happened to you once in blue moon. what i suggest is once again try to check the electricity board and switches and try to do it ones again switch on and off from the main.

The strange colour comes while STB is on or in 'stand by'?If all functions are watching TV are working fine, then may be just some problem with LED indicator.But if you are facing problems with power on/off, then you may need to reload STB firmware at DISH TV service centre or over-the-air if available.

The electricity is fine it is 230 v and not even fluctuating ...
and i even switched to other outlets there also the same problem..

Its takes exactly 2 min to come to stand by mode "red light"
May be SVK might be right that it might be some problem with the S/w ..
Then if so then can i do it manually ? or i require a dishtv technical person to do that ? because i also saw that there is serial port behind the STB (i think it might be for that)

this is very common problem in ZENEGA STBs. this problem is related to power supply board inside the STB. u need to change on condensor worth rs.2 only. but Dish Care Centers charging 200 to 250 rs.