Strange Frequent Disconnections problem with Beam

• Thread starter Thread starter crazyfool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,608

crazyfool

ISP
Beam 20mbps
Hi,I have two separate Beam connections at my office coming from the same Beam box ('BONT'?). They go to 2 different computers. Both machines are Windows 7 OS 64-bit on Intel i5 processors on Intel boards. One connection is 15 mbps and one is 20mbps. Everything was fine for 8 months, really great speed and very less downtime. But since the last two weeks, I'm facing this strange problem:The Internet stops working randomly on both computers. The LAN status shows the yellow triangle ('no internet access'). Disabling the LAN Network Adapter Card and re-enabling it brings the connection back up! But I have been logged out of Beam and need to re-login again.The strange thing is that this happens on both machines at different times, i.e. both have never stopped working together. This happens 5-6 times a day on both computers and is disrupting our work. This has happened every day on both machines - even one day since the 16th the problem did not go away. I have raised many tickets with Beam and they are unable to resolve this, they are suggesting the usual steps which are not fixing the problem. A thread by another forumite here recently with a similar problem said the problem was due to internal wiring, but this is not an issue as in our case the cable comes from the Beam Box to our machines direct. Any ideas as to what could be causing this and how to fix it? Much appreciated.

Where do you stay? Even i have a strange problem. When i switch off my system in the night and again i Switch on it shows NO CONNECTIVITY after Disabling and enabling the Local area connection it connects.

Hi sixfeetdown, I'm in Srinagar Colony area. Seems similar - No Connectivity, Disabling Enabling works, bue we're facing it multiple times a day

Hi sixfeetdown, I'm in Srinagar Colony area. Seems similar - No Connectivity, Disabling Enabling works, bue we're facing it multiple times a day
Even my connection is connected to Srinagar colony server.
According to the manager they had a core issue and its solved now. My net was down from morning but Today After 2:30Pm i am not facing that problem and at that time my internet connection resumed

The manager told us the same, including 'we changed the POP' but we're still getting the disconnections multiple times a day