Strange Connectivity Issue

• Thread starter Thread starter pamolm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 3,276

pamolm

ISP
Sify
I have been facing connectivity issue with my Sify broadband connection from the past one week. I am unable to ping to the gateway. When I start pinging, after about 4-5 successful pings i start getting request timeout.Called Sify customer care several times but no solution has been given so far. They tell me to contact local service provider (Globcast.com - Mulund). These people simply put their hands up and say that it's Sify's problem.I am being tossed between two of them.The strange part is when I change my IP address to any other IP address, I get perfect pings to the gateway but login in Sify client fails with the message that registered IP differs or something like that. So the problem is definately not at my end. Any idea guys? Has Sify blocked my IP? I do lot of downloads of Movies etc. (My pack is 256kbps Day/512 kbps Night unlimited) Has anyone of you experienced similar problem?.By the way I have trend Micro antivirus and other antispyware software installed on my systems which is updated regularly.ThanksAMP

i got a same problem ..herre at vasai .sify sucks badly .bad routing and ping loss.when complained to sify they said contact the local cable operator and local cable operator says contact sify ..these things should be stopped by sify fools .when i talked with an engineer (so called) he told me we cant help about the routing thing...