STB with Optical Output but no STEREO Channel

• Thread starter Thread starter gap g j
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3,772

gap g j

ISP
Sify
I waited for a year till all the DTH providers started their services, I looked for good specification DVB from all the DTH operators first. While the SD was the first to give MPEG4 STB and it had all the good points for the latest Flat panel TV's. The SD had Component video output for connecting Flat Panels and Optical Output to connect with the AV receiver for Dolby Digital sound. :thumb: While the Big TV had component Video output but it lacked Optical Output, there was another model in the Big TV user manual with Optical output but no one in the Big TV was able to answer when wil they release that STB:S While the Airtel released the latest DVB S2 receiver, it did not have any output found on the receivers as above. Back to SD STB. the receiver manual I downloaded from the website showed optial output for AC3 audio:O after seeing this I purchased SD but after Installing I was shocked to find that none of the channel in the SD is not even stereo.😡 Not even their Suriyan FM:huh: Of all the channels available in the basic package only "DW-TV" channel in the only channel available in stereo and 16:9 format that to this channel is not provided by SD but it is DD direct+ FTA channel. Can any body tell me whether any movies channel or any other channel is available in SD is Stereo. So that I could upgrade my package accordingly. Also friends from other DTH please tell which channels you receive in Stereo.:thumb: Thanking you. RegardsG JAlso none of the channels are transmitted in MPEG4 and it is as same as Tata Sky and Dish TV, I can see lot of squares while the images moves you can clearly see this when the people faces in the close up shots.I'm receiving 95% signal strength.

a full time stereo output is still a dream in all these below mentioned channels, but you can experience stereo effect in some of their shows. Try to watch: Vasanth TV - better at late night, during songs telecastAsianet PlusManorama NewsAmrita TvHBOStar MoviesNGCAustralian Network etc..

Thank you Smile

a full time stereo output is still a dream in all these below mentioned channels, but you can experience stereo effect in some of their shows.😗

Try to watch:

Vasanth TV - better at late night, during songs telecast
Asianet Plus
Manorama News
Amrita Tv
HBO
Star Movies
NGC
Australian Network

etc..

In Tata Sky exceptStar MoviesZee StudioNothing is in Stereoif it is i should be experiencing the Surround Sound through my Yamaha Amp(I have connected Audio out with Fiber Optic Cable to my Yamaha RX-V550 which is 6.1 Amp and connected to Speakers Front: Klipsch Centre: Bose Rear & Rear Centre: Warfedale)Many a complaints made to Tataskyabout the Mono telecast of HBOSony PixWorld MoviesTheir standard reply is whatever we receive we give it to you.Is it not their responsibility also to see to it that the Movie channals give it in stereoShame on Tatasky and Ratan Tata

I am seeing SD in my computer and following channels are in very good stereo since day one...HBOStar MoviesWBZee StudioSonyPIXFashion TVDWABC( now not available in SD)Animal PlanetESPNNGO for your information is in monoNone of the Hindi music channels are in Stereo.Few Malayalam channels have their program ads in stereo sound Sun direct has its comedy channel music in stereo...No movie channel in Indian language or music channels in any language is in stereo including V and MTV.I assume that these above channels should be in stereo in Tata Sky DTH BIG and Dish...they will not convert it into mono..please check Tata Sky DTH and other users...

Have you tried set max and wb? They seem stereo to me. Forgot to add RT too...

Have you tried set max and wb? They seem stereo to me. Forgot to add RT too...

I have mentioned WB..it is in stereo...As I have not taken AXN ,Set MAX ,I have no idea about these chanels...A big disappointment is Starsports which is having only left channel ...no right channel.....if someone can update iabout other channels it will be nice....it is easy to know if a channel has stereo or mono in computer rather then in Normal TV.

^^bro, you have to take set max, the picture quality and the sound are superb (I usually don't have good things to say about sun direct 😉.)

^^bro, you have to take set max, the picture quality and the sound are superb (I usually don't have good things to say about sun direct 😉.)

But last year when SD provided Indian Premier League mathes free in SetMAX,I found the Hindi programs were not in stereo...and also the cricket
It was a pleasure to watch Foot Ball League match recently in ESPN in Stereo.

I remember that too, but I think this year they've gone all out for the ipl matches, but I am pretty sure they'll lower the quality once the event is over...