STB for IPTV Service of Reliance Jio Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter MSR
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 19,942
Yes.so i think they will bundle iptv service along with broadband service.and for those who only need tv service.they will get it by the lco who will give via their coaxial cable that will be inserted in the set top box..so trai rules will apply there and they will have to pay for the channels and choose..but for those who need broadband.they will get iptv service bundled with that..this is what i assume will happen..

Jiotv would have to consume account bandwidth otherwise it would be violation of net neutrality. Of course... Jio can get the regulations twisted like they have done since before its existence.

But jio employess have clearly told that the data consumed for watching contents frm jio owned apps such as jio tv or jio cinema will not be counted in the billing

It's an internal service by a company not a third party service they are prioritizing or giving free data for a service so I think trai rules don't apply here .....just like you don't pay for the bandwidth used for cable .....let's see how trai fuks up this time I'm sure they'll comeup with something to hurt the end user after all the lobbying by big corps....but jio should get credit for enabling all the change ...just think how costly internet was before ....

jio tv and cinema mobile apps are shit it constantly buffers. Even jio cinema website do not works properly, quality of video is poor. Hotstar, Sony liv, youtube, Amazon prime, Airtel tv(website) and other apps like mx player all work without buffering except shitty jio apps. Earlier buffering used to get fixed after few days, now they don't even bother fixing it.

Sony liv has the best picture and sound quality.

In that video jio picture quality looks good and channel switching time is also very good so it must be served from different servers.

Using Thop instead of Jio apps...... and everything seems fine....... but even in Thop 1080p will work only on JioFiber....... and that is also working fine.....

jio tv and cinema mobile apps are shit it constantly buffers. Even jio cinema website do not works properly, quality of video is poor. Hotstar, Sony liv, youtube, Amazon prime, Airtel tv(website) and other apps like mx player all work without buffering except shitty jio apps. Earlier buffering used to get fixed after few days, now they don't even bother fixing it.

Sony liv has the best picture and sound quality.

In that video jio picture quality looks good and channel switching time is also very good so it must be served from different servers.
Its works smooth on jio connection as they don't throttle jio content delivery network traffic ...most isps do just like airtel and voda were dropping calls coming from jio network ...I had similar loading issues on jio TV I called up my ISP Hub and told them to fix the routing they were previously using Vodafone servers to route my traffic they changed to tata and now jio TV and cenema run smoothly channel switch is instant too just like cable TV .....most ISP will use either reliance ,airtel ,vodafone or tata as there connection provider if that provider is intentionally slowing down some traffic then its not jios fault I think ....

my broadband provider do not have any motive to just mess up jio apps.

If all other apps including torrent (non peered), downloads work properly so its jio's responsibility to fix their connection.

Its not the ISP that is at fault here it the isp's ISP savy..

If I can make my competition go slow and make sure users get bad experience just before I'm about to launch my own TV streaming service it would make a lot of business sense ...and that's why most upstream isps slow down jio traffic and prioritize their own ....

Last edited:
Yes.so i think they will bundle iptv service along with broadband service.and for those who only need tv service.they will get it by the lco who will give via their coaxial cable that will be inserted in the set top box..so trai rules will apply there and they will have to pay for the channels and choose..but for those who need broadband.they will get iptv service bundled with that..this is what i assume will happen..
Why should LCO signal go through Jio STB ? The STB of LCO is already there . What do they gain by going through Jio STB ?

Jio can provide cable services to lco at a much cheaper rate with better picture quality and sound as jio doesn't rely on other telecom providers to carry their signal .......so lco might choose jio over say siticable company to provide cable connection to their users ...at the end of the day its all about making more money ....

Do you mean to say that Jio will not have triple play service ? They will offer broadband only service too in their offering . Meaning we can choose from broadband only or triple play service from them . It is so confusing . Any way in 3 more days the confusion will be cleared .