status - "PPP Down", Help pls :(

ISP
BSNL
Hi,My broadband quit working for the past one week. After calling the customer care multiple times, there is no progress.I tried a factory reset on my modem, and after that when I go to the WAN->status, it shows as PPP DownIn the daignostics page, in the last table, it shows FAIL for the first one and all other such as authentication with ISP as 'N/A'.My modem is DNA-A211-I

If you factory-reset your modem, the username and password will be reset to multiplay/*****. Did you change the user/pass after the reset?

PPP Down is a server issue.Call the Local BSNL Exchange to check if they are doing some maintenance or something.If not tell them about your problem and ask them to send someone to get it rectified.Although they wont listen to you on phone if you dont have good links there.:thumb:

thanks guys. It was a pblm in the server and it was rectified.

Now, how do I get the compensation for the days it didnt work??:bowtoyou:

compensation for downtime from bsnl? :clap:

----------

jaago pyare. ye india hai.

:ishock: is that so tough? :ishock:I called customer care, but they dont have any info. Should I go to exchange and talk abt it? Atleast those days worth dough shld be detected from the bill, right?? 😡

If you have complaint Docket Number, and BB was down for three days , and fault was in BSNL side and more than three days faulty, you can claim rebate on bb for rent ( say 750/30 * 3 = Rs 75/=)

BSNL has a rebate policy? this is the first time i am hearing about it. you can potentially write to the GM of your city. but i doubt its going to help considering a lot of people face problems with their services and its not like all of them get any form of rebate on their bills. i guess, either you can get lucky or you would have to drag them to consumer court to demand a rebate for days when their servers were down.