Status of Reliance CDMA connections which have migrated to Reliance 4G LTE network

Status
Not open for further replies.
around 12:40AM. ..but still i am able to use 1x network..which is way too slow.. 🙁
as per their notice it was supposed to shutdown CDMA network on 6th and they did.. i hope 4G starts soon..

Ok. Jio is now latching on to 850 MHz as well since yesterday.

This should be that spectrum shared by Rcom

mumXHrE.png

There is some implication for August 16th, maybe full 4G launch with revised prices.

4G Registration: May 1_th
4G Activation: July 09th
CDMA Wipod Speed: 1 Mbps to 2.5 Mbps
4G Wipod Speed: 17 Mbps to 26 Mbps

5464985342.png

1. The sim card latches on to RELIANCE 4G network only, not JIO.
2. If you do not see RELIANCE 4G in manual search; chances are; the tower nearby isn't live yet.
3. I filled the 4G migration form (for the second time) on July 8th, and my 4G sim card was activated by July 9th morning.
4. I received a message from RM-Reliance four hours after activation: "Excited to share that out 4G data services are live. Please insert your 4G SIM in the new 4G WiPod and start browsing. Enjoy the awesome 4G experience! RCOM."
5. The 4G Wipod device is LTE only. It does not have 2G/3G (or SMS) capability.
6. 4G Sim Card: Incoming/Outgoing calls are restricted.
7. 4G Sim Card: Messaging service is working.
8. GPRS/EDGE was preactive, 4G was not. The sim card did not latch on to RELIANCE 4G network until I activated national roaming. You need to insert it in a 2G/3G/4G phone, select Sim Toolkit, select Roaming, and finally select the Activate National Roaming option from the list.
9. My pre-migration plan (40GB FUP for 999) seems intact for now. 10 GB promotional data not credited yet.
10. Automatic DNS is terrible.

thanks @Vibranium for detailed info..
I would like to know when your netconnect+ stopped working? was it HSD alone or 1x too??
Why i am asking this because mine only HSD network stopped working few days ago but 1x is working fine.. and dont have any idea about 4G Launch here in Karnataka..

HSD Network (Rev. A) stopped working in early May. 1X was shut down a week later.

I upgraded my device to a Pro3 Wipod. It kept working on Pro3 Network (Rev. B) the entire time.

Shutdowns are state specific, I believe. SMS services were inaccessible ever since 1X was down.

Netconnect devices work on 1X and EVDO network. EVDO comes in two variants Rev A (branded as HSD) and Rev B (branded as Pro3).

RCOM did not shut down Rev B (Pro3) in UP West.

Edit: My Pro3 Wipod was deactivated once the migration completed. I do not know if Rev B is live anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.