Static IP Port forwarding issue with Nokia G-2425G-A ONT

• Thread starter Thread starter soumyart
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 9,927
ISP
Airtel
Hi, recently I opted for Airtel Static IP hoping that it'll activate the incoming port from ISP side. But it seems I'm still not able to ping to my static IP from outside. Raised multiple complains but the engineers are not understanding my problem. I think they don't know what port forward means.
Any help how can I fix it myself or ask the right questions to customer support?

Thanks

Below are some screenshot of my current router configs (Sensitive information are hidden)

Airtel-Nokia-ONT-1.png

Airtel-Nokia-ONT-2.png

Airtel-Nokia-ONT-3.png

Airtel-Nokia-ONT-6.png

Airtel-Nokia-ONT-4.png

Airtel-Nokia-ONT-5.png

Last edited:
Have you added the same ports in the windows firewall ? and have you assigned static local ip to your pc ?

Yes. I have provided my PC a static IP in DHCP config and port is exposed in Windows firewall settings. I'm able to access that port within LAN (From other computer connected to same WiFi) but from outside it is not reachable.

Airtel-Nokia-ONT-6.png

Last edited:
That's great, at least you got it working, how ever painful it was, I've put in a request for static ip as well, hope they don't screw it up.

I'm hosting a webserver on my desktop which is connected to Airtel WiFi. One issue though. Static IP is only accessible from external networks (JIO or mobile data) . i.e if you want to access the forwarded port from other computers inside LAN (connected to same WiFi) you have to use local ip http://192.168.x.x:xxxx. If you use http://staticip:xxxx from same WiFi it doesn't work for me.

But if I use my mobile data in phone and access http://staticip:xxxx it works.

For now I'm okay with this caveat. If someone found a solution for it let me know.

Hi bro. I hv heard that opting for static ip in airtel gives speed of 500-600 mbps even if the plan is of 40 mbps. Is it true? Should i try it?

I have 100 Mbps plan with Static IP. Never got more than 120/120 which is usual speed at Airtel
I have seen video where people have 200Mbps plan getting 1Gbps speed.. One such video is here
Source

Ys after seeing this same video i opted for static ip.
My plan speed 40 mbps
On LAN m getting 100 mbps
But on wifi it gives varying speed from 10 mbps to 40 mbps. Dont know why.
Also ping is more than that of dynamic ip

I had applied for static ip 2 days back and still it is yet to be assigned and configured, but I have observed that my ping has drastically degraded after raising static ip request, earlier on speedtest's I was getting below 5 ms latency and servers from Mohali/Chandigarh were auto selected, now the ping is going over 20 ms and servers are getting auto selected from Delhi NCR region and on checking the IP location, it is pointing to New Delhi.

And further to make it worse Twitter handle is saying that static ip cannot be provided on prepaid fiber connections while 121 customer care are still saying that work is in progress for the same.

I'll let you know if I get increased speeds or similar speeds as currently I am on 200 Mbps plan, btw if static ip doesn't gets configured on my connection what needs to be told to customer care to move routing back to previous so I start getting pings as earlier, any suggestions?

@Firephoenix yes exactly same is happening to me. I had made request three days back and my connection did not work for last two days. Ysterday technician came and configured modem but internet didnt work. today it started working and though I haven’t received my static IP but my connection is working. on speed test ping is around 15 but earlier the Ping used to be around 5. Also earlier speed test picked chd or mohali now its picking new delhi.

Well bridge mode was also similar. I used to get Chandigarh servers by default but now it selects karnal or yamunanagar servers.

found out that after adding “access concentrator “ in router settings then it started picking up Chandigarh servers by default.