Static IP Help with Tikona

• Thread starter Thread starter Sagar Jain
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,780
ISP
Ani, Excitel and Jio
Hello Guys,

I have joined this forum today 🙂, reading some thread for days as a guest so decided to join as this looks great community.
I'm using tikona Internet so you guys already knows what difficulties i have been pass through.
But seems to be Tikona Service is stable now.

I want to Buy Static Ip but don't know much more about it.
like if we hit FUP limit do we get same speed or downgraded as a mentioned in Plan, i know ping and gaming experience improves a bit so with no login thing just want to know about fup thing.

My current Plan costs rs 1700 per month not including tax
4mbps till 210 GB after that 1mbps UL

any help will be appreciated 🙂

Regards,
Jain.

I would not advise a static IP for home customers due to various reasons. Your dynamic IP can do almost everything a static IP does unless you are hosting a mail server.

I would not advise a static IP for home customers due to various reasons. Your dynamic IP can do almost everything a static IP does unless you are hosting a mail server.

Well i just need it for more stable connection that's why asking for opinion, and for mail server thing i can't rely on indian connection i already have hosting for them.

well i see some guys mentioned we can bypass the fup thing that's why want to know but can't find any appropriate answer.

Last edited:
I am not 100 % sure about Tikona, but ISPs are smart enough to get through such trivial tricks to bypass FUP. If you go for a static IP, you will forfeit the ability to change your IP address and there by bypassing quota limit while using file / video sharing sites. And I don't see any reason why your connection would be more stable if you opt for a static IP.

I am not 100 % sure about Tikona, but ISPs are smart enough to get through such trivial tricks to bypass FUP. If you go for a static IP, you will forfeit the ability to change your IP address and there by bypassing quota limit while using file / video sharing sites. And I don't see any reason why your connection would be more stable if you opt for a static IP.

Thanks for the reply again i get it now
misunderstood some points before now all clears
i better wait for Reliance Jio or Siti Cable in my area then 😀

Always welcome 🙂