static IP configuration new UT modem

• Thread starter Thread starter mistnee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 6,998

mistnee

ISP
MTNL Broadband
Hello,For my MTNL broadband connection I recently applied for a static IP connection, so my present connection with dynamic IP was upgraded to it.However, when I call the helpline and all the numbers they gave, they all say that the router should automatically take the static IP configuration which I think it hasnt done so. Even followed the pdf on the website but no luck. If suppose the static ip is 59.XXX.XXX.XXX how do you determine what is the ISP gateway and the subnet maskIs it necessary to go into the ADSL router GUI settings and and under WAN set up the "static IP address".Please help, Thank you

if you want to know the ISP gateway then yes you need to check it out in the router settings(if ppoe mode)..

/members/mistnee/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in

What Is My IP Address? - Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more...

If you are getting connected to Internet with present settings.
test again after sometime, after switching of the modem. if you get the same IP again you have a static IP. confirm again.
Also in the modem Device status.
Start RUN type cmd type ipconfig/all.
Para two:
Mention modem/router model in your future posts.

if you want to know the ISP gateway then yes you need to check it out in the router settings(if ppoe mode)..

I know my static IP, problem is dont have the ISP gateway set in the router settings. How do I know that?