Static IP address provisioning process

• Thread starter Thread starter MrGordon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 239
  • Views Views 28,634
Yea but can't power my server with that, maybe in future I will get something like that just for ONT, that way I can shift the location of my server.
Currently its just beside the ONT.
And btw, which mini PC do you have? does it have multiple NICs?

ZimaBoard - World's First Hackable Single Board Server Zimaboard is interesting, 18$ shipping to India though, and that doesn't include custom duties (if any)

@albonycal Yeah, won't work for a full blown server. I got a mini PC from Alibaba, has 4 gigabit Intel NICs. It takes 12V DC input, so I can use this DC UPS. I don't remember the exact name, but then most sellers on Alibaba just put their name on existing designs.

I also have a ZImaboard, got it during their Kickstarter campaign. Decent device, I currently use the Zimaboard to run my HomeAssistant installation and few other containers.

Yes they do ship, afaik it can take a while

Yep, custom duties are there. If you have an IEC, you can get it at 18%, else would be around 42%. I got it a while ago, early 2020. But yes you can get it by express courier from Alibaba, you'd get it in less than a week.

can you give link to the mini pc? I gotta buy one for me.

Yeah looks similar to that, mine uses a J3160 CPU. I think at the time it came to 130 USD or so incl shipping to India plus customs of about Rs 1500. So around ~11k ish. I am running OpenWRT as I found it more easy to configure for my needs and the fact that it runs Linux.

There are many similar variants now. The models from Protectli for example are mostly rebrands of devices available on Alibaba.

Guys if you ever buy a device make sure you get one with Intel NICs just in case you think of installing pfSense.