Static IP address provisioning process

• Thread starter Thread starter MrGordon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 239
  • Views Views 28,555
Nopes, as expected pfSense doesn't allow me to configure the WAN (or LAN port twice over) via interface assignment,

Do you have another NIC, or a free port? You could try doing that on a different interface

@Chip try going to Interface -> Assignments -> PPPs
Add a new PPP with the type PPPoE.

After adding this you can go to Interface -> Assignments and assign the PPPoE to an Interface.

@albonycal@imdarkray I am already getting a v6 address on my PC and devices via TPBB. So frankly I don't want to jump through any more Airtel related hoops and will just let it be.

@Chip offtopic, which machine you are using for pfsense?

@nishantt6969 its an ancient Core i7 3970x Extreme proc. with 32 GB RAM with 1 Intel (or is it Realtek?) NIC and a PCI-E Broadcom NIC. A huge over kill for pfSense but then heck man it was idle so it was put to good use. It's a headless system and I control it via the network. I plan to buy a low power router for pfSense this year, either Netgate or Protectli. Sadly we cannot import from AliExpress since they make some perfect appliances for pfSense.

@albonycal my PCs, routers switches are connected to a APC 2.2 KVA UPS or the home inverter. Only if its an extended outage do I shut all the machines down. Ditto if I am travelling out of station.

Oh nice, I have a 600va APC UPS, and with my current setup it can easily last hours, I can't turn off the machines though