Static IP address provisioning process

• Thread starter Thread starter MrGordon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 239
  • Views Views 28,698
No I don't host anything on my raspberry pi, and there's no way it can do 1G because it is a raspberry pi zero 2w.
And I don't have a static IP. I am currently on 300M plan and get > 500M.
I do host ALBONY.XYZ MIRROR on the same connection 😉

Had sent an email to net@airtel.com Tuesday night, got a callback today saying they will reach out to the concerned team and get it resolved soon.

Will wait and see.

So the Airtel technician visited today, he had the static IP address details, however I am unable to get it working on my Mikrotik router.

Since the ZTE router was locked down, the technician was unable to manually configure the static IP address on the Airtel device too. He spoke to someone in the backend and they pushed some changes to enable manual creation of WAN profiles. After that configured the static IP address details on the ZTE and it worked.

But I am unable to configure it on my Mikrotik, basically no connectivity if configured with static IP address. Not sure what I am missing. PPPoE still works over bridge mode on my Mikrotik, so clearly the bridge mode config remains.

Any thoughts? @nishantt6969 @Chip

The static IP details are

IP Address 122.166.43.x
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 122.166.43.1

QW70wMF.png

you can have static ip working at only one place at a time, are you able to create new profile? and is bridge mode enabled on zte?

if you have a port bridged, delete static ip wan profile, configure it on your Mikrotik router, it will work.

@nishantt6969 I understand, I was trying only at one place at a time. Yes, I can create/delete WAN profiles on the ZTE. Bridge mode is enabled on one port on the ZTE but there is no such indication on the ZTE Web UI, however I can establish PPPoE connection from my bridged router.

I deleted all WAN profiles on the ZTE except for the VOIP profile.
Verified that PPPoE works on the bridged Mikrotik
Disabled PPPoE on the Mikrotik
Configured the static IP address and added a static route on the Mikrotik
No connectivity

share firmware version please, is it latest?

Currently its "F670LV9.0 V9.0.10P1N13A", initially everything was locked. I am not sure if the firmware was changed or they just removed the locking of WAN profiles.

Anyway now I can create/edit/delete WAN profiles

are you connecting your Mikrotik router to the port which is bridged? you can check bridged port in port bindings.

@nishantt6969 Yes, as I said I can still establish PPPoE session on my Mikrotik without changing any cabling. So yes, it's the same port. Also, there is nothing in the UI which indicates bridge status. Port bindings do not show it. There was someone else in this forum who mentioned it was done the same way for them.

@SpeedxThunder I see, but PPPoE does work in bridge mode which is why I am confused.

Last edited:
@nishantt6969 once converted to prepaid do you get to recharge separately for IP and the base connection ?

@MrGordon two things:

a) Static IP can be used only on ONE router at a time. One IP can only be assigned to one interface.
b) Your ZTE router needs to be bridged and only then can you input a static IP into the Microtik.

And yeah, so far I haven't received my static IP, as expected. They said 24 hours. B#**cks!