State of BSNL & MTNL

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 220
  • Views Views 29,663
If they are struggling to provide even salary every month, then BSNL must be sold off. I don’t see them reviving themselves in next 5 years. They would be dead.

One of BSNL's main sources of revenue is the Wired Broadband segment. BSNL has the highest subscribers in India at 9 million. I am guessing within the next one year if Jio fully rolls out it fibre service then BSNL can expect to lose at least half of those subscribers.

So the death of BSNL seems inevitable to me.

I feel like BSNL has already lost their wireless fight. After 3 months of using bsnl as my primary sim, I can definitely say that 4G spectrum is not gonna save them. They have the worst data coverage out of all the operators, and let's face it, 2G 900Mhz is not gonna save them in 2019. Again, most of their towers do not have power backup. Given that most parts of India do not have consistent power supply, just erecting towers without backup is not gonna help.

Wired connections can only save them if they become proactive in FTTH rollout. Daily limit on ADSL is the stupidest thing ever!

The moment he said "Video ko like kare aur Channel ko subscribe kare" in the end, he came across as another attention seeking dude.
BSNL will not close down, it will restructure itself and cut down all the losses in salaries, pensions, etc.
Now MTNL is in even bigger trouble and I expect MTNL to close down first if at all PSUs are on self destruction path.

8C9aiQn.jpg

Aisee harkat karenge to band hi hona chahiye.

@d5aqoëp yeah i dont think he was saying bsnl will close down in the video, he was saying some exchanges that are not generating revenue of more than 20k per month could be shuttered.

I went to BSNL's office today to give stop services one of 2 landlines. Both are hardly being used but we decided to keep one just in case. I was asked questions about why I want to stop services. One of these lines had the ADSL and then VDSL service running on it for over a decade before I stopped it. It was my main internet connection before I got my YBB connection in 2015. It was relegated to backup duties thereafter.

Whilst at the office, a gentleman tried to sell me their FTTH service. I was curious but their plans are expensive, starting 777/month and with that really annoying daily data cap. I provided him this feedback. He said people are misusing their connection hence the cap was introduced. Told him this really merit further debate because none of the pvt. players do this and it puts BSNL's customers at a disadvantage. For e.g. thanks ot the data cap, if I travel out of town and the connection is unused any data for that day is lost. These guys really know how to shoot themselves in the foot.

I have asked him to confirm availability at my residence before making a decision.

^ Whatever you discussed out of the scope, you wasted your time.

He has no call or say in those decisions and one feedback of your's won't make a shit BSNL Government Company to change any of their decision.

Save Time, Don't hustle in this.