State of BSNL & MTNL

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 220
  • Views Views 29,621
Oh no 😢

What will happen to all the home and corporate customers of BSNL/MTNL networks?

Right now in my area only BSNL is there providing landline and FTTH to my home, no other ISP is there. I will be lost without BSNL!

Fingers crossed for some sort of miracle.

Jio will probably hijack all of BSNL's infrastructure, if that happens 🙄

BJP is a private political party of Mr. Modi and hence they want to privatize everything. BSNL is a hindrance to Jio from the Govt. side. So, shut it down. Ambani bhi khush...😂😂😂 This Govt. has no expertise in any field nor does it listen to experts. Imagine Arun Jaitley who was a lawyer by profession was our finance minister. It's like a dentist performing heart surgery. You can be sure what the outcome would be. 😂

Last edited:
Oh no 😢

What will happen to all the home and corporate customers of BSNL/MTNL networks?

Right now in my area only BSNL is there providing landline and FTTH to my home, no other ISP is there. I will be lost without BSNL!

Fingers crossed for some sort of miracle.
Same here, bro. Better apply for Jio now if this materialize, in case😂

BJP is a private political party of Mr. Modi and hence they wanted to privatize everything. BSNL is a hindrance to Jio from the Govt. side. So, shut it down. Ambani bhi khush...😂😂😂 This Govt. has no expertise in any field nor does it listen to experts. Imagine Arun Jaitley who was a lawyer by profession was our finance minister. It's like a dentist performing heart surgery. You can be sure what the outcome would be. 😂
@thadougamer Well, former f.m Chidambaram was also a lawyer. Unfortunately not a good one🙂, else he would have covered his own tracks better😅

^ PC was a puppet just like the current FM. Earlier, the decisions were taken by PM (and by the collision parties). Dr MMS is a known economist. Currently, the decisinos are taken by few selected people around the PM and his close aid.

Whether they go ahead with closing both PSUs or go with revival (or selling the stakes to private players), such news certainly demotivates those who work hard until now. The feeling of uncertainty isn't easy to pass through.

Since, we have already become used to seeing similar actions (demo & half-baked gst), it wouldn't be a surprise for many.

However, where would they go for 70k crores for revival or 90k crores to close down completely. Would they just close down and let the retirement benefits to be paid after 10 years? From what I know, the only money left is in LIC. Every passing month, it is made to invest in loss-making stocks to hide the shame. How long would it last?!

The future doesn't look good for common man and hard working BSNL employees.

@pothi , mms was indeed a good economist. And PM Rao was a shrewd politician to give him a long rope. Mms as a PM was lacking leadership and authority. But I respect every voter's opinion, be it an ambani, a dynast or a tea seller.

As for PSU... Every single paise being spent on a mismanaged one is our / public money. A culture promoted by years of corruption... And every rotten organisation can only be fixed top down. The current Nda and previous upa governments are the best examples imho. Because I think modi himself isn't corruptible.

Last edited:
Back in the days starting in the '80s right through to the 2010s I remember BSNL employees would demand bribes to get our home landlines working again, claiming the cable from the DP was damaged and how it seemed to have gone out of stock just a day earlier. And then was downtime for days on end during the monsoon due to damaged underground cables. I've put up with the awful attitudes of customer service etc. I asked for a BSNL FTTH connection and I was asked why I wanted it because I was already a DSL subscriber then for 9 long years. Of course it was only a matter of time before I gave it up once I had other options. I have experienced the bad side of BSNL and I will not be sorry if they sink.

I think BSNL's infrastructure will be retained as it is a critical asset. But the headcount will be trimmed. There will be no pvt. sector takers for this company, just like Air India.

The next bunch of Govt. employees who need a major kick in the rear end are those from State Electricity Boards. Once you have lived in Mumbai with its good quality 24x7x365 power there's no excuse for the rest of the power utilities in country not to come up to that standard.

I have experienced the bad side of BSNL and I will not be sorry if they sink.

Those who have suffered at the hands of BSNL which is majority of its customers, will not be either.

Wherever the parasites survive on taxpayer money, it is the same story. Your tax contributes to police's salary so that they can treat you badly. Air India or BSNL is just the tip of the iceberg. The biggest parasite surviving or making merry on taxpayer money is Indian Railways.

In a way I'll be happy if these arrogant assholes sink,but they are the only isp serving in many tier 3 towns and rural areas which will directly affect the livelihood of people.
Even if they decide to shut down BSNL and MTNL, they must do something to protect the consumers.

Bro... forget the consumers. Most government offices run on BSNL ADSL. Here, the local exchange staff used to get calls like every minute from different government department from surrounding villages, if there is a complete shutdown of broadband for more than an hour. I am sure it could be the case for government offices in cities too. Replacing them isn't easy, but possible.