State of BSNL & MTNL

mayank yadav

As they say it takes time to undo the damage done since the past 70 years in just 5 years. Article 370. Bharat Mata ki jai. End of discussoin.

eriek_halenx

@pothi , mms was indeed a good economist. And PM Rao was a shrewd politician to give him a long rope. Mms as a PM was lacking leadership and authority. But I respect every voter's opinion, be it an ambani, a dynast or a tea seller.

As for PSU... Every single paise being spent on a mismanaged one is our / public money. A culture promoted by years of corruption... And every rotten organisation can only be fixed top down. The current Nda and previous upa governments are the best examples imho. Because I think modi himself isn't corruptible.

Last edited:

razpor

shutting down a major psu in such a strategic sector would be very unwise ,i doubt this will materialize.

C3PO

Back in the days starting in the '80s right through to the 2010s I remember BSNL employees would demand bribes to get our home landlines working again, claiming the cable from the DP was damaged and how it seemed to have gone out of stock just a day earlier. And then was downtime for days on end during the monsoon due to damaged underground cables. I've put up with the awful attitudes of customer service etc. I asked for a BSNL FTTH connection and I was asked why I wanted it because I was already a DSL subscriber then for 9 long years. Of course it was only a matter of time before I gave it up once I had other options. I have experienced the bad side of BSNL and I will not be sorry if they sink.

I think BSNL's infrastructure will be retained as it is a critical asset. But the headcount will be trimmed. There will be no pvt. sector takers for this company, just like Air India.

The next bunch of Govt. employees who need a major kick in the rear end are those from State Electricity Boards. Once you have lived in Mumbai with its good quality 24x7x365 power there's no excuse for the rest of the power utilities in country not to come up to that standard.

Shubham

I have experienced the bad side of BSNL and I will not be sorry if they sink.
Those who have suffered at the hands of BSNL which is majority of its customers, will not be either.

Sam27

Wherever the parasites survive on taxpayer money, it is the same story. Your tax contributes to police's salary so that they can treat you badly. Air India or BSNL is just the tip of the iceberg. The biggest parasite surviving or making merry on taxpayer money is Indian Railways.

In a way I'll be happy if these arrogant assholes sink,but they are the only isp serving in many tier 3 towns and rural areas which will directly affect the livelihood of people.
Even if they decide to shut down BSNL and MTNL, they must do something to protect the consumers.

pothi

Bro... forget the consumers. Most government offices run on BSNL ADSL. Here, the local exchange staff used to get calls like every minute from different government department from surrounding villages, if there is a complete shutdown of broadband for more than an hour. I am sure it could be the case for government offices in cities too. Replacing them isn't easy, but possible.