Air India News & Updates

I mean it was obvious from the starting? who'll this piece of shit with so much debt? thousands and thousands of crores of debt

i saw a tweet this week where the aviation minister said that air india is profitable this year 😀

bullshit. airindia cannot in thousand years make a profit since bailout was given only few years back under UPA 2 govt. It has shit load of debts, it simply cannot make a profit. may be youre talking about profit in a single FY. This, might be possible, since oil prices are not expected to increase and domestic passengers are increasing day by day. let me google

So, in reality, it made a loss of 3,643 crores. But headlines are screaming profits! profits!! AIRINIDIA IN PROFITS!! HAR HAR MODI! media can go f itself

headlines are different and ground reality is different. people should ask if providing bailouts of thousands of crores every few years to a company making losses of thousands of crores is ethical for govt

So, in reality, it made a loss of 3,643 crores. But headlines are screaming profits! profits!! AIRINIDIA IN PROFITS!! HAR HAR MODI! media can go f itself

headlines are different and ground reality is different. people should ask if providing bailouts of thousands of crores every few years to a company making losses of thousands of crores is ethical for govt
So they pay 3900 crore in taxes and need a bailout of 3600 crore? Does not seem that bad a situation to me

^ where did you get that 3900crores figure? 3600crores loss is after taxes paid to government. That 300cr "profit" is operating profit which does not include expenses like tax and interest paid to loans.

Since April of 2012 till now, the exchequer has provided a whopping Rs 22,280 crore equity support to Air India, as per a written reply in the Rajya Sabha by MoS Civil Aviation Mahesh Sharma. That is well over 70% of the promised support that turnaround plan (TAP) envisaged over a 10-year period since total promised money for Air India's turnaround is Rs 30,000 crore.

I have no valid reason why we taxpayers have to pay this huge amount when Air india continously falls short of its TAP, has given up profitable routes to private airlines and ordered fucking 111 new airplanes in 2012 when aviation industry was not good. anyone who has flown air india will wonder where that money is going.