State Bank of India Updates

kkapoorr said:
Thanks.But what if it sticks to the 5 day limit? I mean isn't that against facilitating online transfers.Any other way which I can use to transfer money to an ICICI account?
Call up the bank and request them to activate.
You can always deposit cash at any ICICI bank and it will be credited to the payee account almost immediately or on the same day.

GENIE said:
Call up the bank and request them to activate.
heh with SBI good luck with that 😛 no harm in trying though. 🙂

Well if that account needs to be credited ASAP, catch hold of someone who has an ICICI A/c and ask them to do an internal bank transfer. Pay that person by cash or whatever.

ICICI mein cash nahi tha, isliye SBI use kiya. Varna SBI kaun use karna chahega? 😛 Abb kal dekhte h

I meant ask someone else to transfer who has money 😕

kkapoorr said:
ICICI mein cash nahi tha, isliye SBI use kiya. Varna SBI kaun use karna chahega? 😛Abb kal dekhte h
SBI is still the 1st choice for Home Loan takers.

Tried right now, and says the same thing.'You cannot schedule a new inter bank transfer before 5 days after activation'All I want to know that is this delay standard RBI procedures or guidelines? Or is SBI irritating me?The payment is not urgent, so depositing cash is my last option. Will they charge extra for depositing money manually to an account in Chennai?

Edit: Found this guy having the same problem: http://www.bikeszone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13127

I've learnt that the hard way.This sucks. 😛issed-off: :nono:

But thinking that what's the benefit of it. Currently Sbbj branch and sbi branch near my house has huge crowd of people what will happen when they merge how will they handle such a large number of people. Feeling pity on them...😱😳

State Bank of India - Wikipedia

Interesting reason for the original question

SBI acquired the control of seven associate banks in 1960. They were the seven regional banks of former Indian princely states, all of them which were renamed with the prefix 'State Bank'. These seven banks were State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur (SBBJ), State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH), State Bank of Mysore (SBM), State Bank of Patiala (SBP), State Bank of Travancore (SBT), State Bank of Saurashtra (SBS) and State Bank of Indore (SBI - Indore). All these banks used the same logo as its parent bank.