State Bank of India updated charges for cash withdrawal are insane

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Source

from the looks of it... upi is paid. all atm withdrawals are paid. everything is charged for now.

A friend whom I met yesterday was so pissed off with SBI because according to him they are going to force salary account holders to maintain a minimum balance of ₹5000.

my dad is locating the lost passbooks of all the accounts he does not use anymore lol.

I assume BSBD are Jan Dhan accounts? What is a Buddy Customer? This updated PDF is still confusing 😀

I am glad that I did not open Savings Account at SBI when I took car loan from them.

SBI clarifies only ATM withdrawals from mobile wallet to be chargeable

Denying reports that all SBI ATM transactions will be charged from June 1, the largest public lender clarified on Thursday that the Rs 25 charge is only for withdrawals from its mobile wallet.
"The service charge on cash withdrawal from ATMs has not been changed for normal savings accounts," SBI MD (national banking) Rajnish Kumar told PTI.
Jan-Dhan account holders with the SBI will have four free withdrawals in a month from ATMs.
Normal savings bank accounts holders will continue to receive eight free ATM transactions in metros- five from SBI ATMs and three from other bank ATMs; and 10 free transactions in non-metros- five from SBI ATMs and five from other bank ATMs.

^ thats all and good but why is UPI charged? wasnt it supposed to make cashless viable alternative to cash payments?

now if i want to pay 1000 rs to my friend, i should pay 5rs + ST

i am not exactly sure if upi is charged. the pdfs were a mess. i guess one would only find out after an actual upi transaction once these new policy is implemented.

upi is already a joke on sbi with 10k per transaction and 20k per day limit.

dad transfer his pension from his sbi account to indusind account every month. would find out soon enough.

honestly, it's great that these banks are fucking up before upi has even taken off. sbi is the mothership. it is likely that other government banks would also increase aqb limits and charges for these services.

i suppose i would revert back to using cheques to transferring money away from sbi. idiots do not get it. upi saves them manpower.