State Bank of India updated charges for cash withdrawal are insane

dextermorgan

Amazing Member
^ thats all and good but why is UPI charged? wasnt it supposed to make cashless viable alternative to cash payments?

now if i want to pay 1000 rs to my friend, i should pay 5rs + ST

Sushubh

Administrator
i am not exactly sure if upi is charged. the pdfs were a mess. i guess one would only find out after an actual upi transaction once these new policy is implemented.

upi is already a joke on sbi with 10k per transaction and 20k per day limit.

dad transfer his pension from his sbi account to indusind account every month. would find out soon enough.

Sushubh

Administrator
honestly, it's great that these banks are fucking up before upi has even taken off. sbi is the mothership. it is likely that other government banks would also increase aqb limits and charges for these services.

Sushubh

Administrator
i suppose i would revert back to using cheques to transferring money away from sbi. idiots do not get it. upi saves them manpower.

d5aqoëp

i suppose i would revert back to using cheques to transferring money away from sbi. idiots do not get it. upi saves them manpower.
Shhh.. If those SBIdiots realise, they will start charging Service Tax on cheque transactions too.

Sushubh

Administrator
by forfeiting huge loans of big industrialists.
from the looks of it, blame lies with sbi.

-

charging for cheque transactions? :D all business customers would dump them. actually i hope they get what they want. reduction in client base. it is clear that they have so many jan dhan accounts that they do not want regular accounts.

Sushubh

Administrator
most banks give a specific number of cheque books free per quarter or year. current account holders have to pay for each booklet. hard to say about sbi these days. dad was issued a cheque book of i believe 100 leaves. which is enough for like 2 years.