State Bank of India offering free Credit Cards to customers who maintain Rs. 20,000 balance

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 3,004

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
SBI offers free credit card at 'zero annual fee' for cusotmers with minimum Rs 20,000 balance

With the aim of expanding the reach of digital payments, the State Bank of India on Tuesday said that it will offer credit cards to every account holder who has a balance of Rs 20,000-25,000. The card will be offered through a network of 20,000 plus SBI branches.
Explaining the reasoning behind keeping the card free, SBI Cards CEO Vijay Jasuja said: "SBI has close to 30 crore customer accounts, including Jan Dhan Yojana. Post-demonetisation the balance amount in these accounts increased significantly. Many customers do not have credit history and are not eligible for cards. We want to bring about financial inclusion in terms of credit facility with this new product."

Any idea if the card is eligible for international payments such as international websites/payment gateways/payment processors?

What is the card processor? VISA or MASTER CARD?

What is the minimum age req. for the SBI Credit Cards?

@raj2007 How to apply for it online ?

Do you hold any other CC before this Unnati CC from SBI only?

I have applied For SimplySAVE card first time, they rejected it because of Cibil Score. which i do not have because I never took loan or any CC even though I have maintained my account balance over 40K from last 2 years.

i have not checked my credit score but i don't think it would be bad. i still could not get a regular card from yes bank. despite having a bank account. despite having been told that it was pre-approved. because i work from home lol.

freaks could have just asked me for my IT statements. but they didn't. just rejected my application. this after they called me to apply for it as i was a good banking customer and they were running an offer for folks like me.