Starcom UT 300R2U Modem Freezes

dreamshadow

ISP
BSNL Dataone Home 500
hi guys I am using a UT 300R2U modem and have a home 500 dataone plan from BSNL.My problem is that when I am downloading the torrents after some time of downloading my utorrent displays 0Kb download and upload speed. it is as if the modem has hung up. i have connected my modem via USB. now even when i switch off the modem the USB icon on the startup is there and i have to reboot my pc and connect to the net again to start with the torrent downloads again.Can anyone plz suggest me whats wrong?

You may keep the modem in vertical position so that it has enough ventilation. Please note that the modem has ventilation holes on either side, so keeping it vertical would be ideal for best heat dissipation and it wont hang in future.

I have also experiencing the same problem, while doing normal browsing connection stays up but during large file download after some 50mb download suddenly it turns to 0 and have to restart computer to make it work again.using Ubuntu Linux (2.6.20), having ethernet connection and placed router in vertical position, but no change...what should I do now? please help .. thanks

sunshine12 : your problem may like in your system and may not have anything to do with modem or connectivity. Ensure you have no adware, malware, spyware etc in your system which may eat away your precious resources. Optimal use of RAM memory and correct allocation in p2p setup in upload/download settings as well as using mozila firefox would reduce your woes.

sunshine12 : your problem may like in your system and may not have anything to do with modem or connectivity. Ensure you have no adware, malware, spyware etc in your system which may eat away your precious resources. Optimal use of RAM memory and correct allocation in p2p setup in upload/download settings as well as using mozila firefox would reduce your woes.

no adware, spyware........... currently installed Ubuntu
using firefox, and correct allocation in p2p

and this is happening not only when using torrent but when downloading from the other sites... like downloading alternate install cd of Ubuntu...

thanks.. anything I can do with the router settings or anything else.. It is annoying to reboot pc frequently

I’ve noticed that BSNL UtstarCom modems suffer from inherit heat problem.My UtstarCom UT WA3002G4 WIFI modem heated up to 85.c (burnt my finger a lil)I’ve crafted some heatsinks from leftover Aluminimus shards and tucked them over the Hot chips.Then i put an Computer case fan on it…and happy ever after!