Star World Premiere HD on Videocon D2H (Free Preview till 13 Oct)

• Thread starter Thread starter pkarthik24
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 14,878

pkarthik24

Regular
ISP
BSNL
Hai Guys!
Is there is any gossip's or chances about adding "Star World Premiere HD in Videocon D2H"

Please update...........

there is always a chance. what operator would not love to broadcast this channel? 🙂

unlikely, they are likely to have an exclusive tie up because of the fox/sky thing.
Gives Tata Sky a key way to differentiate itself.

😵 I did not think about that aspect. But... If it was going to be an exclusive, they would not be crying about contractual obligation for not including it in existing packs 😀

Its always good for Channel to be present on more platforms then with single. Because only then they can get more "paid" subscribers. So I think this channel should be available on more DTH/CAS Platforms.

Star World Premiere HD is coming on Videocon D2H tomorrow. Channel number 652. (Will replace 3D HD) Price: Rs 60/month. Available as a-la-carte. Won't be available under any Base Packs.

These operators are doing it wrong. They should offer it for free to everyone. For a month. Would get people interested and also save them the initial backlash.

I guess operators have got no choice either. With the kind of content Star is offering, every channel would love to grab the channel ASAP. And Star can easily refuse if they don't go by its terms.

The whole idea behind forming a cartel is to prevent these kind of situations. If the top 2/3 DTH players in the country refuse to cooperate, Star would be the one in trouble because they would have too few customers for content they must be paying millions for. Also, most DTH customers are stuck with their service provider for months/years. And even if they are paying monthly, few of them wants to change operators because it means paying 2-3K and getting a fresh installation done. 😀

Navjot Singh said:
Star World Premiere HD is coming on Videocon D2H tomorrow. Channel number 652. (Will replace 3D HD) Price: Rs 60/month. Available as a-la-carte. Won't be available under any Base Packs.
If they Replace the "3D HD" then this channel should be included in HD Globe Package(free), as we are paying for 3D HD as HD Globe package..... they are not giving this complimentary....
If they add as a 23rd HD Channel then we dont mind paying extra........

Shouldn't we protest against not getting this channel in spite of being in the 'Annual Packs' - i paid for 2 years in advance :sad: