Star World and Star Movies removed from Airtel IPTV TimeShift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karun Thareja

Does anyone know about this? This was the main reason for me to go for IPTV from Airtel... Why the h**** has airtel removed them?

I just noticed this right now, so came over here to check!! this is F***ing bull****! i will call them in the morning.. if this is the case, then i am dropping iptv.. i have wanted to drop them for ages! but time shift was the only reason i was still using them.. not having star world and star movies is a deal breaker for me..

Well, it got 2 new users to IBF 🙂Problem with getting rid of IPTV is that the effective price most of us are paying for IPTV is Rs 113pmYou wont get as many channels for that amount in any other medium, even if you ignore TimeshiftI'm tempted to shift to Reliance wireline+Tata Sky myself after this removal though

message coming on tv- "dear customers, due to unavoidable circumstances, star world and star movies will no longer be available on time shift. we regret the inconvenience caused." this sucks.. but problem with getting rid of iptv is that all the other providers suck as well, some are even worse.. i see a lot of complaints about Tata Sky, videcon etc.. as well.. so im not sure what to do..

Did anyone call and got the reason. This is very disheartening

----------

Hey Shaun,
Did you call? any lead?

Thats indeed sad....instead of adding they are removing channels...!! seems like airtel is indeed doomed...!!

They have been removing channels for quite some time now (from timeshift)At launch there were 45 or 47 channelsDown to around 35 now

airtel never gave importance to IPTV. I am surprised to see that IPTV is till operational!

IPTV IS A good way to watch TV. If they manage it well. Gradually they are declining.

IPTV IS A good way to watch TV. If they manage it well. Gradually they are declining.

Anyone know of any alternatives to the auto recording feature (7 days of tv being available). I dont care if I have to pay more, I just want more quality. Is this kind of feature is available in regular DTH as well?

How is Aksh optifibre/icontrol IPTV ?

I have been asking them on twitter.. they wont reply.. @Airtel_Presence they say "give us some time to get back to you." it can't be an issue with the star network.. because star plus and star gold is still there.. they are not telling the real reason..

This development has caused me unfathomable pain and trauma. It was such bliss to have my favourite TV shows waiting for me on cue. Now the tables have turned. I have to chase them. I called up Airtel, but leave alone grief counselling, they didn't even give me a proper reason. They told me 'Niraash mat hoiye, ham deskh rahe hai'. What a pathetic salve to this gaping gaping wound in my evening entertainment schedule. Seriously,. sometimes I HATE airtel and think they want to destroy my life by pulling stunts like this

umm..i am quite surprised that people are actually using Airtel IPTV inspite of the plethora of glitches reported on the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.