Discovery is more like the movies. Star Trek traditional was nothing like that. That's why fans like us don't like them much. Picard won't make much sense if you haven't watched tng. If you want to get in old trek start with tng. It should be on Netflix.

I forgot about it after watching 2 episodes, have to finish it. Orville gets you hooked though. Discovery is somewhere in between.

Yup. Star Trek fans liked that because Discovery was so Un-Star-Trek-Like. But almost everyone seems to be impressed with what they are doing with Lower Decks. Sadly only one episode left in the season. They really could have done 20+ episodes for Lower Decks like in old days. I guess not going to happen in the era of Netflix and Prime. Quibi is even worse. They have EIGHT MINUTE EPISODES.

It's like programming people for short attention span. 🤔 I guess a 40-45 min with at least 15-20 episodes per season works.

Feels like splitting a movie script, not good enough for theater into episodes that just might work. Have to watch to know more though.

that show is shit. so so bad. kiefer sutherland character is so so bad. god knows what he was thinking while doing that show.

I wouldnt say its bad, but it isnt that awesome either. Lets give it some time to set the narrative and then I am sure it will start being awesome like the rest of Star Trek. Picard season 1 did have some awesome moments though.

star trek mariachi GIF